Math and Drug Calculations Online for Nursing and Health Professions (Modules 1, 2, & 3 and Access Codes),
Online Course - Access Card
Page Count: 16
List Price: $96.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Does your instructor plan to use this product on Evolve (instead of a school's LMS - like Blackboard, etc)?
Math and Drug Calculations Online for Nursing and Health Professions is a complete online drug calculations course that helps users apply and practice their calculation skills. Suitable for all types of drug calculations courses, it incorporates the ratio and proportion, fractional equation, formula, and dimensional analysis methods and presents a step-by-step approach to the calculation and administration of drug dosages. Animations, voice-overs, and interactive self-assessment activities provide an engaging and interactive course experience. The course consists of three comprehensive modules: Module 1: Math Introduction and Overview; Module 2: Medication Administration; and Module 3: Critical Care. Each module includes practice problems to promote active learning and quizzes that evaluate comprehension.
- Includes the four drug calculation methods (ratio and proportion, fractional equation, formula, and dimensional analysis) to expose the user to key calculation methods so they can apply the method which works best for them.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of calculations used in specialty areas such as critical care, pediatrics, oncology, PICU, NICU, coronary care, and neurologic care.
- Modules are organized by topic sections that include an overview, objectives, what you need to know, example problems, practice problems, and one or more quizzes.
- Follows abbreviation and dose designation recommendations from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP).
- Many of the math practice problems include a tutorial button for each of the four drug calculation methods that provides a step-by-step tutorial to solving the problem in the chosen method.
- Animations demonstrate various concepts related to drug calculation and administration, with some animations requiring user participation.
- Interactive self-assessment activities are incorporated throughout the course to allow users to apply their knowledge in context.
- Voice-overs enhance the step-by-step explanation of medication administration procedures and the drug calculation methods demonstrated throughout the course.
- One or more Quizzes are included within each module to evaluate understanding of all the major topics covered in that particular module.
- Provides the latest drug administration techniques and devices with detailed explanations of the various ways to administering drugs, including oral, intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous and other routes.
- Includes the most up-to-date, commonly used drugs so users have exposure to what is being used in the "real world" of clinical practice.
- Presents information on infusion pumps (enteral, single, multi-channel, PCA, and insulin) to help users understand their increased use in drug administration.
MODULE 1 Math Introduction and Overview
Section 1: Basic Math
MODULE 2 Medication Administration
Section 1: Principles of Medication Administration
Section 2: Methods of Calculation
Section 3: Oral and Enteral Medication Administration
Section 4: Parenteral Medication Administration
Section 5: Insulin
Section 6: Intravenous Fusion
Section 7: Alternate Forms of Medications
MODULE 3 Critical Care
Section 1: Critical Care Calculations
Section 2: Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care
Section 3: Oncology Calculations
Section 4: Labor and Delivery Calculations
Carmen Adams, RN, MSN, Assistant Professor Emerita, College of Health Sciences, Department of Nursing, Boise State University, Boise, ID