With a straightforward, conversational writing style, this up-to-date, comprehensive overview of anatomy and physiology synthesizes a large, complex body of scientific knowledge, focusing on whole concepts rather than just surface descriptions. It utilizes a "big picture" theme of body function while also explaining the body's homeostatic regulation.
- Learning tools including case-studies, critical-thinking questions, review questions, and Career Choices boxes make content accessible and meaningful.
- Consistent unifying themes such as the Big Picture and Cycle of Life sections clearly explain the interrelation of body systems.
- Current topics (e.g., anthrax, smallpox, human genome project) are addressed in feature boxes.
- Full-color design includes photos, illustrations, and color-coded tabs at the top of each page that differentiate the six units at a glance so you can easily refer to information.
- Dozens of unique, full-color micrographs of cellular structure let you clearly see what the text describes.
- New and updated artwork illustrates the most current scientific knowledge and concepts.