Anthony's Textbook of Anatomy and Physiology (Revised Reprint), 17th Edition
Page Count: 1136
List Price: $101.00
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
With a straightforward, conversational writing style, this up-to-date, comprehensive overview of anatomy and physiology synthesizes a large, complex body of scientific knowledge, focusing on whole concepts rather than just surface descriptions. It utilizes a "big picture" theme of body function while also explaining the body's homeostatic regulation.
- Learning tools including case-studies, critical-thinking questions, review questions, and Career Choices boxes make content accessible and meaningful.
- Consistent unifying themes such as the Big Picture and Cycle of Life sections clearly explain the interrelation of body systems.
- Current topics (e.g., anthrax, smallpox, human genome project) are addressed in feature boxes.
- Full-color design includes photos, illustrations, and color-coded tabs at the top of each page that differentiate the six units at a glance so you can easily refer to information.
- Dozens of unique, full-color micrographs of cellular structure let you clearly see what the text describes.
- New and updated artwork illustrates the most current scientific knowledge and concepts.
Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI and Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO