Mosby's Pocket Guide to Infusion Therapy,5th Edition
Page Count: 560
List Price: $43.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Based on recognized standards of practice, Mosby's Pocket Guide to Infusion Therapy offers RN and LPN nursing students and practitioners a practical, concise resource for learning or reviewing current approaches to infusion therapy as well as a dependable IV pocket reference. Divided into consistent key sections, such as Troubleshooting Tips, Guidelines for Specific Procedures, Pain Management, and Helpful Hints, nurses can rely on this powerful pocket reference daily for their infusion therapy needs. And with the latest information on products, guidelines, and screening procedures, nurses can be sure they are staying current with the latest innovations and trends in the field.
- Presents the principles of infusion therapy in a thorough yet concise manner to facilitate learning and review as well as the easy retrieval of important IV information
- Highlights Clinical Alerts, Trouble Shooting Tips, and Potential Complications with consistent icons to point out specific clinical practice tips, to save time, and to help prevent common errors
- Illustrates the use of all drug calculation formulas to clearly explain the calculation process and help prevent drug administration errors
- Provides patient/family teaching guidelines to assist the nurse in providing appropriate infusion therapy education to their patients
- Provides multiple-choice study questions at the end of relevant chapters to help the reader evaluate his or her understanding of content and to prepare for the Intravenous Nurses Society Certification exam.
- Includes a Clinical Competency section at the end of relevant chapters to provide health care institutions and clinical educators with a tool that facilitates meeting JCAHO accreditation requirements.
- Identifies pediatric drug calculations with a special icon to easily distinguish between adult and pediatric calculations
- New and updated information on needleless IV therapy products, products that meet JCAHO/CDC safety recommendations, CDC/ANA safe practice guidelines, latex allergy, and blood products
- New content on CDC recommendations for screening West Nile Virus and SARS
- New content on Central Venous Catheters for child, adolescent, and geriatric patients
- New product information and illustrations familiarize readers with the latest innovations
- Expanded content on serum electrolytes keep readers up-to-date
- Updated discussion of chemotherapy drugs
1. Infusion Therapy
3. Central Venous Catheters
4. Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters
5. IV Fluids
6. IV Medication Administration
7. Blood and Blood Component Administration
8. Chemotherapy Administration
9. Parenteral Nutrition
10. Vascular Access in Adult Critical Care
11. Pediatric Infusion Therapy
12. Home Care Infusion Therapy
13. Calculations for IV Infusions
14. Professional Resources
Shirley E. Otto, MSN, CRNI, AOCN, Consultant, Formerly Clinical Nurse Specialist, Via Christi Regional Medical Center, St. Francis Campus, Wichita, KS