Mosby's Handbook of Patient Teaching,3rd Edition
Page Count: 1024
List Price: $54.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
This practical resource provides instant access to a wealth of essential patient teaching information for patients with common diseases and disorders, as well as those who are undergoing diagnostic testing or a medical or surgical procedure. It features coverage of more than 200 diseases, disorders, and procedures — including 30 new or extensively revised in this edition. A special section on home care procedures provides comprehensive guidance on preparing a discharge teaching plan and providing care in the home.
- A convenient alphabetical organization with colored A-Z thumb tabs for quick reference in the clinical setting.
- Two-color design highlights important information.
- Information on more than 200 diseases, disorders, and procedures — including 30 new or extensively revised in this edition.
- Extensive home care content, including comprehensive guidelines for preparing a discharge teaching plan.
- Helpful lists of diagnostic test results for specific diseases.
- Clear explanations of therapeutic management, including surgery and medications.
- Easy-to-understand language with no specific nursing terminology makes it ideal for a broad range of health professionals.
- Features more than 30 new or extensively updated entries.
- A Teaching Alert logo draws attention to essential information for the patient or caregiver on preventing or responding to a serious complication.
- A Dangerous Complications logo identifies potentially life-threatening complications of a disease, disorder, or procedure.
- An Elderly Alert logo explains how a specific teaching point may differ for the elderly patient.
- An Elder Care heading identifies how you can adapt teaching for elderly patients.
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Adrenal Insufficiency (Addison’s Disease, Adrenocortical Insufficiency),
Aldosteronism, Primary ( Hyperaldosteronism, Conn’s Syndrome)
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
Aneurysm, Aortic (Abdominal Thoracic)
Anorectal Abscess, Fistula, and Fissure
Aortic Regurgitation (Incompetence, Insufficiency)
Aortic Valve Stenosis
Aplastic Anemia (Hypoplastic anemia)
Arrhythmia (Sinus Bradycardia, Heart Block, Junctional Rhythm, Sinus Tachycardia, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation, Ventricular Tachycardia, Ventricular Fibrillation)
Arthritis (Rheumatoid, Osteoarthritis)
Arthroscopy (Diagnostic, Surgical)
Blindness (Visual Impairment)
Bone Marrow Harvest
Bone Marrow Suppression,
Bone Marrow Transplantation,
Bowel Obstruction and Resection with Anastomosis,
Breast Surgery (Mastectomy, Lumpectomy)
Buerger's Disease (Thromboangiitis Obliterans)
Cancer: General Care
Carpal Tunnel Release
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Cataract and Cataract Surgery
Catheter Ablation NEW!
Charcot's Syndrome (Neurogenic Arthropathy)
Chest trauma (Flail chest)
Colorectal Cancer (Colon Cancer)
COPD: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery
Coronary Artery Disease, (Atherosclerosis, Angina Pectoris, Myocardial Infarction, Myocardial Ischemia)
Craniotomy and Craniectomy
Cushing's Disease and Cushing's Syndrome
Diabetes Mellitus (Diabetic Ketoacidosis)
Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
Electrophysiology Study (Cardiac Mapping)
Encephalitis and Meningitis
Endometrial Cancer (Uterine Cancer)
Epidural Injection NEW!
Erectile Dysfunction and Penile Implant (Impotence)
Gastrectomy and Gastrostomy
Gastrointestinal Bleeding, (Esophageal Bleeding)
Glomerulonephritis and Nephrotic Syndrome
Heart Failure (Congestive Heart Failure)
Hepatitis, Viral ( A,B,C,D,E, and G)
Hyperthyroidism (Graves Disease, Thyrotoxicosis, Thyroidits)
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
Iron Deficiency Anemia
Laminectomy (Spinal Fusion, Diskectomy)
Leukemia (Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia, Acute Myelocytic Leukemia, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, and Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
Lung Cancer (Bronchogenic)
Lupus Erythematosus, Systemic
Lymphoma, Malignant (Hodgkins Disease, Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma)
Melanoma (Cutaneous Melanoma) NEW!
Mitral Valve Prolapse <
Mary M. Canobbio, RN, MN, FAAN, Cardiovascular Clinical Specialist Administrative Coordinator, Ahmanson-UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Lecturer, UCLA School of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA, USA