Cardiothoracic Surgical Nursing Secrets,
Page Count: 304
List Price: $59.95
Part of the Nursing Secrets Series®, Cardiothoracic Surgical Nursing Secrets is a comprehensive resource for both new and experienced cardiothoracic surgical nurses. This book is the first to focus on the "pearls" or "secrets" of practice. Written in a question-and-answer format, it provides concise information in an easy-to-use layout. Content includes anatomy & physiology, then proceeds to discuss disorders, procedures, surgery, and postoperative management of the cardiovascular and thoracic systems.
- 50 Top Secrets are listed in the front of the book, with the 50 key points a reader should know about cardiothoracic surgical nursing.
- Key Points boxes in each chapter outline important information.
- Internet Resources boxes offer readers additional information via the web.
- Effective 2-color design allows readers to easily find answers.
- Question-and-answer format offers concise, easy-to-find information.
- Designed for both new and experienced nurses.
Chapter 1 Cardiac Anatomy
Chapter 2 Cardiac Physiology
Chapter 3 Hypertension
Chapter 4 Dyslipidemia
Chapter 5 Coronary artery disease
Chapter 6 Valvular heart disease
Chapter 7 Aortic dissection
Chapter 8 Cardiac arrhythmias
Chapter 9 Cardiomyopathy
Chapter 10 Pericardial disease
Chapter 11 Congenital heart disease
Chapter 12 Preoperative evaluation
Chapter 13 Hemodynamics monitoring and vasoactive medications
Chapter 14 Anesthesia for cardiac surgery
Chapter 15 Coronary artery bypass grafting
Chapter 16 Valvular heart surgery
Chapter 17 Cardiac transplantation
Chapter 18 Ventricular assist devices
Chapter 19 Management of the postsurgical patient with cardiac disease
Chapter 20 Emergency bedside sternotomy
Chapter 21 Pulmonary disorders
Chapter 22 Thoracic surgery procedures
Chapter 23 Lung transplantation
Chapter 24 Management of the postoperative thoracic surgery patient
Barbara A. Todd, MSN, CRNP, Director, Clinical Surgical Specialists and Practitioners, Hospital University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA