This CD-ROM provides 40 interactive exercises about 12 fundamental community health nursing topics, such as epidemiology, community as client, environmental health, and disaster management. A variety of activities and features such as case studies, video clips, crossword puzzles, website links, matching games, and simulations provide compelling, interactive, and challenging "real world" learning opportunities.
- 40 exercises cover key topics in community and public health nursing.
- 12 core concepts of community and public health nursing are thoroughly addressed.
- More than 50 weblinks take students directly to relevant health care sites to answer questions and solve problems.
- A glossary of key terms and phrases clarifies important terminology in community health
- 13 tools commonly used in community and public health nursing can be printed to supplement the exercises.
- A new Disaster Management section addresses important topics in this area.
- Two new mathematical exercises in the Epidemiology section provide students with more practice in a difficult area for many students.
- One new exercise in Economics of Health Care Delivery section gives more emphasis to a complicated topic.
- Two new website exercises in the Environmental Health section addresses a key area that is becoming more important in planning care for community issues.
- Healthy People 2010 content incorporates the most up-to-date information about this federal health initiative.
- Improved design and functionality makes the 2nd edition of the CD-ROM even easier to use.
- All website URLs and all data and references are updated ensuring accurate and timely links.
1. Public and Community Health: The Big Picture
3. Economics of Health Care Delivery
4. Health Care Systems
5. Environmental Health
7. Health Education
8. Community as Client
9. Family Health
10. Vulnerable Populations
11. Disaster Management
12. A Day in the Life of a Community Health Nurse