Mosby's Nursing Concept Map Creator,
Page Count: 40
List Price: $41.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
This unique, easy-to-use program walks you through each step involved in gathering, organizing, and entering patient data into a plan of care. Its flexible design and interactive approach make it a fun and effective way to learn concept mapping techniques while you build "real-life" skills for collecting and evaluating data for patient care! Applicable to all clinical practice areas, including med-surg, pediatrics, critical care, maternity, and psychiatric nursing.
- Easy-to-use program walks users through the steps of constructing a concept map, including:
- Creating a data sheet with assessment/physical examination findings, treatments, pathophysiology, medications, and more
- Entering medical diagnoses
- Identifying appropriate nursing diagnoses and collaborative problems
- Providing supporting data for each patient problem
- Prioritizing key nursing diagnoses and collaborative problems
- Determining nursing interventions
- Building the concept map and adding arrows to show relationships
- Creating an evaluation summary
- Flexible programming allows users to customize their concept maps by moving boxes and adding multidirectional arrows that can point to more than one box to indicate relationships.
- Data sheet feature allows users to record key preliminary information such as assessment/physical examination data, pathophysiology, treatments, diagnostic tests/results, and much more.
- Interview data can be entered using a functional health patterns or review of systems approach.
- Data is color-coded by type (assessment, nursing diagnosis, intervention, etc.) throughout the program and in the finished concept map and to help users visually differentiate content and more clearly understand the complexities of patient care.
- The save and modify function allows users to return at a later date to make modifications to data and/or the concept map.
- Evaluation summary step allows users to enter evaluation data after seeing the patient in clinicals.
Jean Foret Giddens, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor and Coordinator, MSN Nursing Education Concentration, College of Nursing, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM and Elaine Kennedy, MS, EdD, RN, Professor, Wor-Wic Community College, Salisbury, MD, USA