This 11 minute video shows the steps needed to examine the skin, hair, and nails, including the proper use of equipment. With the patient seated, it demonstrates how to inspect and palpate the skin, hair, and nails. The video shows expected findings and alerts the viewer to selected variations in pediatric and geriatric patients as well as differences between light-skinned and dark-skinned patients. In addition, it emphasizes teaching the patient to perform skin self-examination.
- Animations and overlays demonstrate content and processes that cannot be shown on video (e.g., organs under the skin, lymph nodes, abdomen, pregnancy, transillumination of the sinuses, hydrocele, or scrotal cyst)
- A booklet is provided with each video, containing overviews and outlines, learning objectives, discussion topics, and review questions with answers
- Completely redone normal physical examination content
- Examination content is more fast-paced and streamlined for a more contemporary look
- More culture, age, and gender variations are featured to reflect a diverse population
- Lifespan considerations are depicted throughout, with variations in assessment for pediatric and geriatric patients