Mosby's Physical Examination Video Series: DVD 5: Ears, Nose, and Throat, Version 2,
List Price: $555.00
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
This 14 minute video shows the steps needed to examine the ears, nose, and throat, including demonstration of the proper use of equipment. It shows how to inspect and palpate the patient's ears, including an otoscopic examination, and how to assess the sense of hearing with various techniques. It also explores inspection and palpation of the structures of the nose, mouth, and throat. The video shows expected findings and alerts the viewer to selected variations in findings and examination techniques for pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Animations and overlays demonstrate content and processes that cannot be shown on video (e.g., organs under the skin, lymph nodes, abdomen, pregnancy, transillumination of the sinuses, hydrocele, or scrotal cyst)
- A booklet is provided with each video, containing overviews and outlines, learning objectives, discussion topics, and review questions with answers
- Completely redone normal physical examination content
- Examination content is more fast-paced and streamlined for a more contemporary look
- More culture, age, and gender variations are featured to reflect a diverse population
- Lifespan considerations are depicted throughout, with variations in assessment for pediatric and geriatric patients
Henry M. Seidel, MD, Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, Jane W. Ball, RN, DrPH, CPNP, DPNAP, Trauma Systems Consultant, American College of Surgeons, Gaithersburg, MD, Joyce E. Dains, DrPH, JD, RN, FNP-BC, FAANP, Associate Professor, Department of Nursing, The University of Texas; The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas and G. William Benedict, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD