This 23 minute video shows the steps needed to examine the musculoskeletal system, including the proper use of equipment. With the patient standing, it demonstrates how to assess gait, posture, and alignment. With the patient in various positions, it shows how to inspect and palpate the muscles, joints, and bones and how to percuss the spine. It also presents muscle-strength and range-of-motion testing, identifying the expected degrees of movement. The video highlights expected findings and alerts the viewer to selected variations in pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Animations and overlays demonstrate content and processes that cannot be shown on video (e.g., organs under the skin, lymph nodes, abdomen, pregnancy, transillumination of the sinuses, hydrocele, or scrotal cyst)
- A booklet is provided with each video, containing overviews and outlines, learning objectives, discussion topics, and review questions with answers
- Completely redone normal physical examination content
- Examination content is more fast-paced and streamlined for a more contemporary look
- More culture, age, and gender variations are featured to reflect a diverse population
- Lifespan considerations are depicted throughout, with variations in assessment for pediatric and geriatric patients