Mosby's Physical Examination Video Series: Set of 15 DVDs,
List Price: $6,622.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
As a set or individually, this completely revised, 15-part video series provides a visual presentation on how to perform a complete and effective physical examination. The videos demonstrate physical examination techniques of the adult for each body system, with highlighted lifespan variations. Each 12-25-minute video is enhanced by computer animation, introductory remarks and narration, breath and heart sounds where applicable, and a focus on the interactions between examiner and patient. A separate Putting It All Together video presents a full, head-to-toe examination of the adult, summarizing the key steps in one complete exam.
- More culture, age, and gender variations are featured to reflect a diverse population.
- Lifespan considerations are depicted throughout, with variations in techniques and findings for pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Animations and overlays demonstrate content and processes that cannot be shown on video (e.g., organs under the skin, lymph nodes, abdomen, pregnancy, transillumination of the sinuses, hydrocele, or scrotal cyst).
- A booklet is provided with each video, containing overviews and outlines, learning objectives, discussion topics, and review questions with answers.
- Completely revised physical examination sequences of the normal adult.
- Videos feature the same patients and examiners who appear in the still photographs in the Seidel text for continuity.
- Examination content is faster paced and streamlined for a more contemporary look.
- Video 1: Neurologic System: Mental Status, Speech, and Cranial Nerves
- Video 2: Skin, Hair, and Nails
- Video 3: Head, Neck, and Lymphatic System
- Video 4: Eyes
- Video 5: Ears, Nose, and Throat
- Video 6: Chest and Lungs
- Video 7: Heart
- Video 8: Blood Vessels
- Video 9: Breasts and Axillae
- Video 10: Abdomen
- Video 11: Female Genitalia, Reproductive Tract, and Rectum
- Video 12: Male Genitalia, Rectum, and Prostate
- Video 13: Muscoloskeletal System
- Video 14: Neurologic System: Motor and Sensory Functions, Reflexes
- Video 15: Putting It All Together
Henry M. Seidel, MD, Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, Jane W. Ball, RN, DrPH, CPNP, DPNAP, Trauma Systems Consultant, American College of Surgeons, Gaithersburg, MD, Joyce E. Dains, DrPH, JD, RN, FNP-BC, FAANP, Associate Professor, Department of Nursing, The University of Texas; The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas and G. William Benedict, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD