Oncology Nursing, 5th Edition
Page Count: 816
List Price: $98.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
This classic text offers a comprehensive, yet concise and manageable overview of oncology nursing. New to this edition, symptom management topics are now presented in a separate unit so you'll easily see how to effectively improve your patients' sense of wellbeing. Over 400 multiple-choice review questions complement chapter case studies to reinforce what you've learned as well as prepare you for certification exams.
- Comprehensive yet concise overview of oncology nursing
- Consistent format in disease chapters for quick access and understanding of key information
- Review questions with answers and rationales at the end of each chapter
- New chapter on Functional Status and its effect on patient outcomes
- New chapter on Ethical Considerations for the oncology nurse
- New chapters on Skin Integrity, Oral Mucositis, Bone Marrow Suppression
- New chapter on Palliative Care offers information regarding providing physical and emotional comfort to dying patients and their families
- New chapters on Patient Education and Family Caregiving for information on assisting families that provide needed health services and support outside of the healthcare setting
- New Symptom Management unit with new chapters on Dyspnea, Sleep Disturbance, Nausea, and Hot Flashes
- Case studies at the end of each chapter correspond with chapter content and review questions with rationales
Unit I. Clinical Aspects of Cancer Diagnosis
4. Prevention, Screening, and Detection
5. Diagnosis and Staging
Unit II. Clinical Management of Major Cancers
6. Brain and Central Nervous System Cancers
7. Breast Cancer
8. Colorectal Cancers
9. Gastrointestinal Cancers
10. Genitourinary Cancers
11. Gynecologic Cancers
12. Head and Neck Cancers
14. Lung Cancer
15. Malignant Lymphoma
16. Multiple Myeloma
17. Skin Cancers
18. Pediatric Cancers
Unit III. Cancer Treatment Modalities
20. Radiation Therapy
23. Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant
24. Complications of Cancer Treatments
25. Cancer Clinical Trials
Unit IV. Cancer Care Supportive Therapies
27. Skin Integrity—NEW!
28. Bone Marrow Suppression—NEW!
29. Oral Mucositis—NEW!
30. Psychosocial Issues, Outcomes, and Quality of Life
31. Impact of Cancer on Sexuality
32. Functional Status—NEW!
33. Patient Education—NEW!
34. Palliative Care—NEW!
35. Family Caregiving—NEW!
36. Ethical Considerations—NEW!
Unit V. Symptom Management—NEW!
40. Sleep Disturbance
42. Hot Flashes
Martha Langhorne, MSN, RN, FNP, AOCN, Nurse Practitioner, United Health Services Hospitals, Gastroenterology, Binghamton, New York, Janet Fulton, PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, ANEF, FCNS, FAAN, Center for Academic Affairs, Science of Nursing Care; Centennial Endowed Professor, Innovations in Nursing Education, Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, Indiana and Shirley E. Otto, MSN, CRNI, AOCN, Consultant, Formerly Clinical Nurse Specialist, Via Christi Regional Medical Center, St. Francis Campus, Wichita, KS