If you're looking for a compilation of must-know anatomy & physiology concepts plus tips on how to survive and pass this difficult course, this is the resource for you! This handbook is filled with illustrations and tables so that you have ready access to the information you need most. The 10 survival skills will help you study more effectively and prepare for tests and quizzes. Every copy also includes a CD-ROM giving you access to an electronic coloring book so that you can color anatomical structures electronically or print them off for coloring and studying. All of these tools in one place make this a resource no A&P student should be without.
- Offers instruction for students on how to read their A&P textbook so that they can gain far greater comprehension.
- Provides ways to formulate analogies and mnemonic devices to help students remember A&P concepts more easily.
- Helps students determine their learning style so that they can study more effectively.
- Suggests specific test-taking strategies to help students prepare for and pass their exams.
- Features special sections on challenges facing returning learners, learners with disabilities, and students entering the laboratory setting for the first time.
- The Quick Reference section breaks down the subject of A&P into six major sections so that students can quickly find the information they need.
- Offers dozens of easy-to-read tables packed with all of the essential data that students need to remember in A&P.
- Includes a mini CD-ROM containing The Body Spectrum, an electronic anatomy coloring book featuring 80 detailed anatomy illustrations that the student can color online or print out to color and study offline.
PART 1: SURVIVAL GUIDE
Introduction to the Survival Skills
Survival Skill 1: Have a Winning Attitude
Survival Skill 2: Know Your Learning Style
Special Topic: Learners with Special Needs
Survival Skill 3: Plan a Learning Strategy
Special Topic: Returning Learners
Survival Skill 4: Arrange a Suitable Study Area
Survival Skill 5: Plan a Reading Strategy
Survival Skill 6: Analyze Your Note-Taking Skills
Survival Skill 7: Study Actively
Survival Skill 8: Use All Your Resources
Special Topic: Using your Computer to Study A & P
Survival Skill 9: Prepare For Tests
Survival Skill 10: Use a Test-Taking Strategy During the Examination
Bonus Section - Special Topic: The Laboratory Course
PART 2: A&P QUICK REFERENCE
Introduction to the A&P Quick Reference
Bonus Section - Special Topic: Using Models and Analogies
1. The Body as a Whole Topics: Biochemistry, cell biology, tissues, body plan, homeostasis
Special Topic: The Anatomical Compass
2. Support and Movement Topics: Skin, skeletal system, joints, muscles
3. Communication, Control, and Integration
Topics: Nervous system, endocrine system
4. Transportation and Defense Topics: Cardiovascular system, lymphatic system, immunity
5. Respiration, Nutrition, and Excretion
Topics: Respiratory system, digestive system, nutrition, urinary system, acid/base balance, fluid/electrolyte balance
6. Reproduction and Development Topics: Male reproductive system, female reproductive system, development, genetics