Pathophysiology Online for Understanding Pathophysiology,4th Edition
Page Count: 16
List Price: $59.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Information in varied formats facilitates learning. This philosophy is embodied in Pathophysiology Online. It provides accessible easy to understand information about such complex subjects as immunology or the endocrine system. It is not just a multimedia learning aid for students providing engaging activities like case studies and critical thinking questions. It is also a valuable teaching aid for faculty, to help them deliver difficult information more effectively with features like online testing and open discussion boards.
- Hundreds of engaging activities and exercises to challenge you to think critically about key aspects of pathophysiology while making learning entertaining.
- Over 80 specially-created, narrated animations to help you visualize some of the most challenging pathophysiologic processes.
- Accessible, easy-to-understand additional explanations and exercises for complex topics such as genetics and immunology to help you master this important content.
- Over 750 high-quality images to illustrate difficult concepts and key clinical presentations of disease processes for all body systems.
- Case studies throughout to help you develop critical thinking skills and apply what you've learned to real-world situations.
- Pre-tests for every major body system to help you test your knowledge of normal structure and function before alterations in function are introduced. And if you have trouble, review resources are right there to help you prepare.
- Immediate feedback on all activities and assessments throughout, reinforcing learning and encouraging subject mastery.
- Rationales for both correct and incorrect responses to help you not only know when an answer was correct or incorrect, but why.
- Structured discussion topics with thought-provoking questions that you can discuss with other students.
- A built-in glossary to provide quick, easy access to definitions of new and unfamiliar terms.
- Further exploration sections provide carefully reviewed resources for core topics so you can focus on learning new information, not searching for it.
Module 01: Genes and Genetic Diseases
Module 02: Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology
Module 03: Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
Module 04: Innate Defenses: Inflammation
Module 05: Adaptive Immunity
Module 06: Hypersensitivities, Infection, and Immune Deficiencies
Module 07: Biology of Cancer and Tumor Spread
Module 08: Alterations of Neurologic Function
Module 09: Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
Module 10: Alterations of Hematologic Function
Module 11: Alterations of Cardiovascular Function
Module 12: Alterations of Pulmonary Function
Module 13: Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function
Module 14: Alterations of the Reproductive Systems
Module 15: Alterations of Digestive Function
Module 16: Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function
Sue E. Huether, RN, PhD, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT and Kathryn L. McCance, RN, PhD, Professor, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT