Rehabilitation Nursing,4th Edition
Page Count: 1232
List Price: $99.95
Widely respected in the marketplace as the most comprehensive, authoritative, forward looking text available, the new edition maintains and reinforces that position with the inclusion of the latest topics and practices possible, written by some of the leading rehabilitation nursing specialists in the US, Australia, and Britain. This edition provides new chapters on the cutting edge topics of rehabilitation care for people with developmental disabilities, patient safety, and pharmacology. New Concept Maps accompany the popular Case Studies in key clinical chapters to help readers better understand how to plan appropriate care.
- Comprehensive text with a holistic presentation of rehabilitation nursing care.
- Highly referenced and research-based to provide an outstanding resource for practicing nurses and students.
- Explores issues that impact the delivery of rehabilitation care such as ethical, economic, educational, and political considerations.
- Integrates lifespan and cultural considerations throughout the text to provide nurses with important information on dealing with a diverse patient population.
- Includes current NIC/NOC interventions and outcomes for all topics.
- Case Studies with Critical Thinking Questions help reader integrate and apply chapter content.
- New chapter on Rehabilitation Nursing Care of People with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities discusses the challenges and limitations of rehabilitation for these patients and how to provide the best care possible.
- New chapter on Patient Safety focuses on risk factors and how to provide safe care.
- New chapter on Pharmacology for Rehabilitation provides basic information to assist nurses in pharmacological management for their clients.
- Concept maps for case studies in clinical chapters help integrate key information for multi-disciplinary care planning.
- Expanded coverage of Legal & Ethical Issues tracks the changes in US laws regarding access for people with disabilities, including a complete evaluation of the state of current legislation related to rehabilitation nursing.
Part I Foundations of Rehabilitation Nursing
1 History, Issues, and Trends
2 Theory and Practice: Models for Rehabilitation Nursing
3 Legal and Ethical Issues in Rehabilitation Nursing
4 Research-Based Rehabilitation Nursing Practice
5 Outcome-Directed Client and Family Education
6 Cultural and Medical Systems: Conventional, Alternative, and Complementary Health Patterns
7 Pharmacology for Rehabilitation Nursing
Part II Management for Client-Centered Programs
8 Administration and Leadership
9 Quality: Indicators and Management
10 Patient Safety
11 Evaluation and Outcome Measures
12 Community-Based Rehabilitation
13 Case Management
Part III Health Patterns: Systems Functions
14 Functional Mobility
15 Skin Integrity
16 Nourishment and Swallowing
17 Respiration and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
18 Bladder Elimination and Continence
19 Bowel Elimination and Regulation
20 Muscle and Skeletal Function
21 Neuromuscular Disorders
Part IV Health Patterns: Psychosocial Functions
22 Client and Family Coping
23 Rehabilitation Involving the Senses, Sensation, Perception, and Pain
24 Communication: Language and Pragmatics
25 Cognition and Behavior
28 Lifestyle / Recreation
Pat V Restoration and Rehabilitation: Special Populations
30 Rehabilitation Nursing Care of People with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
31 Pediatric Rehabilitation Nursing
32 Gerontological Rehabilitation Nursing
33 Cardiac and Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
34 Restoration After Burn Injury
35 The Regulatory and Immune Systems and the Client with HIV
36 Renal Rehabilitation
37 Cancer Rehabilitation
Shirley P. Hoeman, PhD, MPH, RN, CRRN, CS, Health Systems Consultations, International, Naples, MA