The Activator Method, 2nd Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- UNIQUE! As the only Activator Method textbook in the field, it is known as the standard reference in Activator.
- Expert author, Dr. Arlan Fuhr, is a co-founder of the AMCT, bringing his unparalleled expertise to the subject.
- Brand new full-color photos detail assessment procedures, specific anatomical contact points, and lines of drive to clearly show procedures for easier learning.
- Clinical Observations boxes share the author’s knowledge from years of experience and provide tips on analysis of certain conditions and suggestions for atypical cases.
- Summary tables in each clinical chapter allow you to quickly access pertinent information.
- Step-by-step instruction throughout the Instrumentation section helps you understand the principles of the technique.
- Appendix: Activator Quick Notes for Basic and Advanced Protocol provides at-a-glance reviews of important points and things to remember when performing basic and advanced protocols.
- A new chapter on leg length analysis procedures offers comprehensive coverage of this critical step in using the Activator Method.
- Seven new contributors bring fresh insight to AMCT.
Section I: Introduction to the Activator Method
1. History of a Technique System
2. Chiropractic Science: Toward Understanding Spinal Manipulation
3. Variability of Force Magnitude and Force Duration in Manual and Instrument-Based Manipulation Techniques
4. Pain Mechanisms and Control
Section II: Clinical Observations and Advanced Assessment Procedures
5. Leg Length Reactivity
6. The Activator Method Analytical Technique
Section III: Instrumentation
7. The Activator Method Basic Scan Protocol
8. Additional Tests for the Sacrum, Pelvis, and Related Structures
9. Additional Tests for the Hip and Related Structures
10. Additional Lumbar Tests and Adjustments
11. Additional Tests and Adjustments for the Thoracic Vertebrae and Ribs
12. Additional Tests and Adjustments for the Cervical Spine
13. The Temporomandibular Joint
14. Additional Tests and Adjustments for the Knee and Related Structures
15. Additional Tests and Adjustments for the Foot and Ankle
16. Additional Tests and Adjustments for the Shoulder and Related Structures
17. Additional Tests and Adjustments for the Elbow, Wrist, and Hand
Appendix: Activator Quick Notes for Basic and Advanced Protocols
Arlan W. Fuhr, DC, President, National Institute of Chiropractic Research; Senior Member, International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine; Co-Founder and CEO, Activator Methods, Inc., Phoenix, AZ, USA