Mosby's Essential Sciences for Therapeutic Massage, 3rd Edition
- UNIQUE! A comprehensive chapter on biomechanics includes valuable information on muscle testing and assessment.
- Combined workbook and textbook format encourages critical thinking with activities, short essays, fill-in-the-blank questions, drawing exercises, and more to help you reinforce concepts.
- Sections on pathologic conditions, with suggestions for intervention protocols, indications, and contraindications for therapeutic massage, prepare you to work with clients safely and effectively.
- Handy appendices with quick reference charts for muscles and pathology provide at-a-glance access to common muscle information and pathologies.
- Full-color muscle anatomy illustrations highlight help identify and locate muscles.
- A section on nutrition includes information on the digestive process, nutrition basics, and the functions of vitamins and minerals to help you understand how nutrition affects the body.
- "Clinical Reasoning" exercises in the workbook sections and "Practical Applications" boxes within chapters help you apply concepts from the book to real-life situations with realistic examples.
- Thoroughly reviewed and updated chapters ensure accurate content with up-to-date applications to massage.
- Updated full-color illustrations clearly demonstrate anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and pathology concepts.
- Updated Evolve resources include extensive learning activities for each chapter, as well as additional gait assessment and muscle firing pattern photos, web links, and a National Certification Exam review to provide more opportunities for learning.
Section One: Fundamentals 1. The Body as a Whole 2. Mechanisms of Health and Disease 3. Medical Terminology Section Two: Systems of Control 4. Nervous System Basics and the Central Nervous System 5. Peripheral Nervous System 6. Endocrine System Section Three: Support, Movement, and Biomechanics 7. Skeletal System 8. Joints 9. Muscles 10. Biomechanics Basics Section Four: Remaining Systems of the Body 11. Integumentary, Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems 12. Respiratory, Digestive, Urinary, and Reproductive Systems Appendices A. Muscle Quick Reference Guide B. Diseases and Indications/Contraindications to Massage Therapy Workbook Section Answer Key Final Word Glossary Works Consulted Index
Table of Contents: DVD for Mosby’s Essential Sciences for Therapeutic Massage, 3rd Edition
Cadaver Dissection Video Arm Hand: 6:58 Brain: 5:53 Elbow: 5:49 Hip: 8:48 Shoulder: 7:13 Knee: 8:53 Foot Ankle: 8:29
Total Running Time: 52:03
Animations 75 Animations
Total Running Time: Approximately 68:00
Sandy Fritz, BS, MS, NCTMB, Director, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage, Lapeer, Michigan, USA and James Grosenbach, EdD, Clinical Psychologist, Director of Education, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Lapeer, MI