Covering all subject areas of the PNCB and ANCC pediatric nurse practitioner certification exams, this 16-week review course includes content overviews with full-color content illustrations, self-check questions in each lesson, and case studies that provide real-life examples of common pediatric concerns. Additional resources are included such as, comprehensive information on over 125 commonly used pediatric medications currently on the market. Four different calendar schedules are available to map out a study regimen. A final comprehensive exam that mirrors the certification exam can be taken at the end of the course.
- Covers all subject areas of the PNCB and ANCC pediatric nurse practitioner certification exams.
- UNIQUE! No need for users to travel to 1 and 2 day courses. Course is online and can be accessed 24 hours a day.
- UNIQUE! No books, disks, or CD-ROMS needed.
- Content areas provide bulleted information every Pediatric Nurse Practitioner must know.
- Multiple-choice questions throughout each module for quick self-checks of learned material
- Provides computerized test experiences.
- Pre-test, Post-test, and Final exam scores will available to instructors via the Evolve website.
- Over 25 case studies provide real-life examples of common symptoms and diagnoses.
- UNIQUE! Information on over 125 pediatric drugs that can be customized and printed.
- UNIQUE! Calendar provides 4 different schedules for moving through the course.
UNIT 1: CERTIFICATION
2. Test-taking Strategies
3. State Regulations
UNIT 2: HEALTH PROMOTION AND WELL CHILD CARE
5. Well Child and Adolescent Care
6. History Taking and Physical Exam
7. Cultural Issues and Influences
9. Newborn and Infant Assessment and Management
10. Parenting Situations
11. Common Developmental Concerns
12. Growth and Development
13. Screening Tests
15. Injury Prevention
16. Nutritional Assessment and Obesity
17. Dental Health
18. Common Adolescent Concerns
UNIT 3: COMMON ACUTE AND CHRONIC CLINICAL PROBLEMS
20. Non-Specific Complaints
21. The Ears
22. The Eyes
23. Nose and Throat
24. Respiratory System
25. Cardiovascular System
26. Hematologic System
27. Gastrointestinal Disease
28. Genitourinary System
29. Reproductive System
30. Musculoskeletal System
31. Neurologic System
32. Integumentary System
34. Endocrine System
35. Infectious Diseases
36. Behavioral Issues
37. Developmental Difficulties
38. Social Disorders
39. Pediatric Emergencies
UNIT 4: CURRENT ISSUES AND TRENDS
40. Professional and Legal Issues
41. Federal Programs
42. Research Concepts
43. Evidence Based Practice