Focusing on the skills that are most labor-intensive to teach and that pose the greatest risk to patient safety, this online course is the perfect tool to help students review and evaluate their competency before performing skills in the clinical setting. This innovative online course consists of 17 modules, with each module comprising several lessons. Each lesson provides a content overview, a variety of interactive exercises, self-check activities, and an exam. In addition to schools of nursing, this is also a valuable and timesaving means of providing periodic training and competency evaluation for nursing staff. This online course is also available packaged with the parent text, Perry: Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 6th edition.
- Designed to correlate with Perry: Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 6th edition.
- Reading assignments link online content to text.
- Over 700 activities encourage decision-making, critical thinking, and self-evaluation.
- Case-based/problem-oriented format of learning activities relates to real-life patient scenarios.
- Varied self-assessment exercises - over 750 - and lesson exams allow users to test their knowledge of key concepts throughout the module. Correct answers and rationales provide immediate feedback.
- Scramble function allows user to reset an exercise so that the activities are reordered and presented anew.
- 100 video clips demonstrating procedures can be viewed from start to finish, pausing and repeating segments as desired.
- Over 100 step-by-step skill performance guidelines are printable to provide a portable reference.
- Extensive glossary of terms includes pronunciation for the most often mispronounced terms.
IV Fluid Therapy Management
IV Fluid Administration
IV Medication Administration
Non-Parenteral Medication Administration
Safe Medication Administration