Get the most out of your study time with this new workbook for Mosby’s Respiratory Care Equipment. The workbook clearly highlights the text’s most essential and clinically relevant information. A variety of exercises test your level of recall, application, and analysis. Exercises include labeling, calculations, crosswords, short answer, critical thinking, and NBRC-style multiple-choice questions. Take advantage of these tools to enhance your comprehension of the text and strengthen your skills in using respiratory care equipment.
- Learning Objectives reinforce the basic concepts you should learn from each chapter.
- Key Terms Crossword Puzzles present a fun way for you to remember key terms and their definitions.
- Assessment Questions test your understanding of each Learning Objective.
- Critical thinking essay-type questions help you apply and analyze chapter content.
- NBRC-style multiple-choice questions serve as excellent tools for reviewing the text, and they prepare you for the NBRC exams.
- Exercises include activities to do outside of the classroom.
- Helpful Internet sites are provided in each chapter to further enhance your learning.
Chapter 1: Basic Physics for the Respiratory Therapist
Chapter 2: Manufacture, Storage, and Transport of Medical Gases
Chapter 3: Administering Medical Gases: Regulators, Flowmeters, and Controlling Devices
Chapter 4: Humidity and Aerosol Therapy
Chapter 5: Principles of Infection Control
Chapter 6: Airway Management Devices
Chapter 7: Lung Expansion Therapy
Chapter 8: Assessment of Pulmonary Function
Chapter 9: Assessment of Cardiovascular Function
Chapter 10: Blood Gas Monitoring
Chapter 11: Introduction to Ventilators
Chapter 12: Mechanical Ventilators: General-Use Devices
Chapter 13: Infant and Pediatric Ventilators
Chapter 14: Transport, Home-Care, and Alternative Ventilatory Devices
Chapter 15: Sleep Diagnostics