Workbook for Mosby's Respiratory Care Equipment, 8th Edition
Page Count: 336
List Price: $45.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Get the most out of your study time with this new workbook for Mosby’s Respiratory Care Equipment. The workbook clearly highlights the text’s most essential and clinically relevant information. A variety of exercises test your level of recall, application, and analysis. Exercises include labeling, calculations, crosswords, short answer, critical thinking, and NBRC-style multiple-choice questions. Take advantage of these tools to enhance your comprehension of the text and strengthen your skills in using respiratory care equipment.
- Learning Objectives reinforce the basic concepts you should learn from each chapter.
- Key Terms Crossword Puzzles present a fun way for you to remember key terms and their definitions.
- Assessment Questions test your understanding of each Learning Objective.
- Critical thinking essay-type questions help you apply and analyze chapter content.
- NBRC-style multiple-choice questions serve as excellent tools for reviewing the text, and they prepare you for the NBRC exams.
- Exercises include activities to do outside of the classroom.
- Helpful Internet sites are provided in each chapter to further enhance your learning.
Chapter 1: Basic Physics for the Respiratory Therapist
Chapter 2: Manufacture, Storage, and Transport of Medical Gases
Chapter 3: Administering Medical Gases: Regulators, Flowmeters, and Controlling Devices
Chapter 4: Humidity and Aerosol Therapy
Chapter 5: Principles of Infection Control
Chapter 6: Airway Management Devices
Chapter 7: Lung Expansion Therapy
Chapter 8: Assessment of Pulmonary Function
Chapter 9: Assessment of Cardiovascular Function
Chapter 10: Blood Gas Monitoring
Chapter 11: Introduction to Ventilators
Chapter 12: Mechanical Ventilators: General-Use Devices
Chapter 13: Infant and Pediatric Ventilators
Chapter 14: Transport, Home-Care, and Alternative Ventilatory Devices
Chapter 15: Sleep Diagnostics
J. M. Cairo, PhD, RRT, FAARC, Dean of the School of Allied Health Professions, Professor of Cardiopulmonary Science, Physiology, and Anesthesiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, Susan P. Pilbeam, MS, RRT, FAARC, Clinical Applications Specialist, Maquet, Inc., St. Augustine, FL and Sindee Karpel, MPA, RRT, Clinical Coordinator, Cardiovascular Techonology and Respiratory Care Programs, Edison College, Fort Myers, FL