Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), 4th Edition
Page Count: 936
List Price: $58.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
This text standardizes the terminology and criteria for measurable or desirable outcomes as a result of interventions performed by nurses. Clinicians, students, educators, researchers, and administrators in a variety of clinical, educational and research venues can use the classification, which serves as an important focus for both cost containment and effective care. This new edition is even more comprehensive and includes specific indicators that can be used as intermediate outcomes or to evaluate and rate the patient in relation to outcome achievement.
- Supplies 385 research-based nursing outcome labels to provide standardization of expected patient outcomes.
- Provides links between NOC outcomes and NANDA nursing diagnoses to promote clinical decision-making.
- Presents a definition, a list of indicators, a publication facts line, and references for each outcome.
- Includes 58 brand-new outcome labels that address important issues such as burn healing and burn recovery, cancer management, preterm infant care, and drug abuse cessation behavior.
- Provides 67 revised outcome labels that supply the most up-to-date information on a wide variety of outcomes, including caregiver stressors, asthma self-management, substance use control, and pain level.
PART ONE - Nursing Outcomes Classification: Background, Testing, and Use in Clinical and Educational Settings
1. Outcome Development and Significance
2. The Current Classification
3. Testing the NOC Outcomes with Clinical Data
4. Using NOC in Clinical Settings
5. Using NOC in Education and Research
PART TWO - NOC Taxonomy
PART THREE – Outcomes
PART FOUR - Health Patterns–NOC Linkages, NANDA International–NOC Linkages
PART FIVE - Core Outcomes for Nursing Specialty Areas
PART SIX - Appendixes
A. Outcomes: New, Revised, and Retired Since the Third Edition
B. NOC Outcomes Placed in the Taxonomy of Nursing Practice
C. Selected Criterion Tools with Psychometrics for Evaluating NOC Outcomes Used in Test Sites
D. Summary Data for NOC Outcomes Tested in 10 Sites
E. Implementation Examples in Practice Settings
F. Application Examples in Educational Settings
G. Guidelines for Submission of a New or Revised Outcome
H. Selected Publications
Sue Moorhead, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, Director of Center for Nursing Classification and Clinical Effectiveness, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Marion Johnson, PhD, RN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Meridean L. Maas, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA and Elizabeth Swanson, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA