Complementing several different textbooks, this online course covers subject areas mandated by the ASRT core curriculum. It uses animations, video, and interactive tools to introduce the basic concepts of patient care, including consideration for the physical and emotional needs of the patient and the patient’s family, communication and patient interactions, routine and emergency patient care procedures, infection control procedures utilizing standard precautions, the role of the radiographer in patient education, ethics in healthcare, and the different roles of the healthcare team.
- Outcome-based learning includes content and assessments related to specific learning objectives, ensuring that you master key material.
- Animations, slideshows, and video clips with audio narration communicate complex concepts that are impossible to convey with static illustrations.
- Enlarged images appear in popup windows, making it easier to see detail in densely labeled illustrations.
- Summation screens provide review and remediation of content.
- Graded section quizzes help you determine additional study needs before taking the exam.
- End-of-module exams offer excellent preparation for the accrediting exam.
- Contemporary design makes content easy to read and the course easy to navigate.
- Audio glossary makes it easy to listen to pronunciations of key terms.
- Links connect you to related websites for further research and study.
Module 1 Hospitals and the Healthcare Team
Module 2 Radiologic and Imaging Sciences
Module 3 Education and Professional Development
Module 4 Communication and Patient Interactions
Module 5 Human Diversity
Module 6 Ethical Principles
Module 7 Ethics in Healthcare
Module 8 Legal Responsibilities
Module 9 Safety and Patient Transfers
Module 10 Patient Assessment
Module 11 Infection Control
Module 12 Medical Emergencies
Module 13 Contrast Studies and Invasive Procedures
Module 14 Delivery/Collection Devices
Module 15 Mobile and Surgical Radiography