Stay on course to career success and strengthen your medical vocabulary with Medical Terminology Online. This interactive online course connects you to a wide range of engaging multimedia exercises, animations, and hands-on activities designed to help you get more out of Shiland’s Mastering Healthcare Terminology. MTO enables you to complete lessons, participate in review activities, test your knowledge through quizzes and exams, and apply what you’ve learned to realistic scenarios – making it the perfect tool for independent study, or a practical supplement for in-class learning!
- Interactive exercises strengthen your word-building, identification, spelling, and pronunciation skills.
- More than 900 anatomical and disease and disorder illustrations clarify concepts and reinforce your understanding.
- Over 25 animations accompanied by audio narrations demonstrate physiologic processes.
- Medical record activities familiarize you with terms as they are used in actual patient records.
- Icons identify Fast Facts, Learning Links, and Discussion Topics for quick, easy reference.
- Bolded and linked terms throughout modules connect you instantly to definitions and audio pronunciations for more efficient learning.
- An extensive glossary of more than 5,000 terms, accessible anywhere in the program, makes it easy to reference terms in alphabetical order.
- Spanish translations of each glossary term help you better communicate with Spanish-speaking patients and health care providers.
- Online exams test your knowledge and help you determine areas for further study.
- Outcome-based modules guide you toward learning objectives and help you assess your progress.
- A redesigned interface makes it easier to find what you need and make the most of your review and study time.
- Updated terms and abbreviations reflect the latest advances in technology and changes in the health care delivery system.
- Catch That? activities encourage immediate retention and test your knowledge.
1. Introduction to Healthcare Terminology
2. Body Structure and Directional Terminology
3. Musculoskeletal System
4. Integumentary System
5. Gastrointestinal System
6. Urinary System
7. Male Reproductive System
8. Female Reproductive System
9. Blood, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems
10. Cardiovascular System
11. Respiratory System
12. Nervous System
13. Special Senses: Eye and Ear
14. Endocrine System
15. Mental and Behavioral Health