Do you need a code to access this on your school's LMS (like Blackboard, etc.)?
Learn to improve patient care and get a complete understanding of your role in advancing the health care system with this complete online course package. Interactive modules and realistic case studies tie directly into textbook content, keeping you focused on the most pertinent concepts for an enhanced learning experience that prepares you for success in nursing practice.
- Consistent modules reinforce textbook content and help you concentrate on the most important issues, trends, and management concepts and ensure the best patient outcomes.
- Highlighted glossary terms familiarize you with essential terminology for the most effective communication in the clinical setting.
- In-depth case studies test your analytical skills and challenge you to apply concepts to realistic scenarios similar to what you'll encounter in practice.
- Learning activities and discussion questions synthesize key information and test your knowledge and understanding.
- Interactive WebQuests guide you to further research to enhance your online assignments.
1 The Evolution of Professional Nursing
2 The Contemporary Image of Professional Nursing
3 The Influence of Contemporary Trends and Issues on Nursing Education
4 Nursing Licensure and Certification
5 Theories of Nursing Practice
6 Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice
7 Paying for Health Care Services in America: Rising Costs and Challenges
8 Legal Issues in Nursing and Health Care
9 Ethical and Bioethical Issues in Nursing and Health Care
10 Cultural Competency and Social Issues in Nursing and Health Care
11 Complementary and Alternative Healing
12 Workforce Advocacy and the Nursing Shortage (includes Collective Bargaining)
13 Information Technology in the Clinical Setting
14 Emergency Preparedness and Response for Today’s World
15 Nursing Leadership and Management
16 Budgeting Basics for Nurses (NEW!)
17 Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution
18 Effective Delegation and Supervision
19 Staffing and Nursing Care Delivery Models
20 Quality Improvement & Patient Safety
21 Health Policy and Politics: Getting Involved!
22 Making the Transition from Student to Professional Nurse
23 Managing Time: The Path to High Self-Performance
24 Contemporary Nursing Roles and Career Opportunities
25 Job Search: Finding Your Match
26 NCLEX-RN Examination