Issues and Trends Online for Contemporary Nursing, 4th Edition
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Consistent modules reinforce textbook content and help you concentrate on the most important issues, trends, and management concepts and ensure the best patient outcomes.
- Highlighted glossary terms familiarize you with essential terminology for the most effective communication in the clinical setting.
- In-depth case studies test your analytical skills and challenge you to apply concepts to realistic scenarios similar to what you'll encounter in practice.
- Learning activities and discussion questions synthesize key information and test your knowledge and understanding.
- Interactive WebQuests guide you to further research to enhance your online assignments.
1 The Evolution of Professional Nursing
2 The Contemporary Image of Professional Nursing
3 The Influence of Contemporary Trends and Issues on Nursing Education
4 Nursing Licensure and Certification
5 Theories of Nursing Practice
6 Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice
7 Paying for Health Care Services in America: Rising Costs and Challenges
8 Legal Issues in Nursing and Health Care
9 Ethical and Bioethical Issues in Nursing and Health Care
10 Cultural Competency and Social Issues in Nursing and Health Care
11 Complementary and Alternative Healing
12 Workforce Advocacy and the Nursing Shortage (includes Collective Bargaining)
13 Information Technology in the Clinical Setting
14 Emergency Preparedness and Response for Today’s World
15 Nursing Leadership and Management
16 Budgeting Basics for Nurses (NEW!)
17 Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution
18 Effective Delegation and Supervision
19 Staffing and Nursing Care Delivery Models
20 Quality Improvement & Patient Safety
21 Health Policy and Politics: Getting Involved!
22 Making the Transition from Student to Professional Nurse
23 Managing Time: The Path to High Self-Performance
24 Contemporary Nursing Roles and Career Opportunities
25 Job Search: Finding Your Match
26 NCLEX-RN Examination
Barbara Cherry, DNSc, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, Barbara Cherry, DNSc, MBA, RN, NEA-BC
Department Chair for Leadership Studies;
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center,
School of Nursing;
Lubbock, Texas, Susan R. Jacob, PhD, RN, Professor and Assistant Dean of Quality and Strategic Affairs, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Nursing, Jacqueline Burchum, DNSc, APRN, BC, Associate Professor, College of Nursing, Department of Advanced Practice and Doctoral Studies, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee and Cynthia Russell, PhD, RN