Mosby's Nursing Video Skills: Student Online Version (User Guide and Access Code),3rd Edition
Video Series - Access Card
Page Count: 8
List Price: $142.95
Learn how to correctly perform basic nursing procedures with these interactive, engaging videos. Clear, step-by-step demonstrations of over 125 key nursing procedures present the skills you need for confident performance in labs and clinicals. For each skill, you can also test your understanding with NCLEX® examination-style review questions with rationales.
- A consistent format for each skill takes you from planning to follow-up care complete with review questions!
- Overviews present the purpose of the skill, safety precautions, and delegation guidelines to help you put skills in the context of patient care.
- Preparation includes patient assessment and any appropriate patient preparation needed before the procedure.
- Equipment familiarizes you with the most current equipment used for each procedure.
- Procedure Videos let you watch and learn with over 125 videos of key nursing procedures that are performed by real nurses and feature the most current practices. Many videos feature dynamic 3-D animations to show what is happening inside the body. You can also print out handy procedure guidelines that include the steps for each procedure.
- Follow-up Care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Documentation provides guidelines on what and how to document care provided and patient response, and includes sample documentation that can be printed for review.
- Review Questions feature NCLEX examination-style review questions with rationales so you can evaluate your understanding of each skill.
- Sections can be viewed sequentially or you can easily select a specific section – so you can choose how much time to spend on each section or select or skip specific material.
- Each video approximately 5 minutes.
Basic Infection Control
- Performing hand hygiene
- Using personal protective equipment
- Performing a complete or partial bed bath
- Assisting with a tub bath or shower
- Performing back massage
- Performing perineal care for the female patient
- Performing perineal care for the male patient
- Making the unoccupied bed
- Making the occupied bed
- Assisting with moving and positioning a patient in bed
- Transferring from bed to wheelchair using a transfer belt
- Transferring from bed to a stretcher
- Performing passive range-of-motion exercises
- Applying elastic stockings
- Assisting with ambulation using a gait belt
- Using a sequential compression device
- Using a hydraulic lift
- Assisting with a urinal
- Assisting with a bedpan
- Applying a condom catheter
- Administering a cleansing enema
- Providing catheter care
- Assisting with meals
- Taking aspiration precautions
- Measuring intake and output
- Performing oral hygiene for an unconscious patient
- Cleaning dentures
- Performing hair care and shampooing in bed
- Shaving a male patient
- Performing nail and foot care
- Assisting with gown change
- Measuring height and weight
- Assessing radial pulse
- Assessing apical pulse
- Assessing apical-radial pulse
- Assessing respiration
- Assessing pain
- Taking a temperature with electronic thermometers
- Taking a temperature with tympanic thermometers
- Obtaining blood pressure by the one-step method
- Obtaining blood pressure by the two-step method
- Measuring oxygen saturation with pulse oximetry
- Using restraint alternatives
- Applying restraints