Learn how to correctly perform intermediate nursing procedures with these interactive, engaging videos. Clear, step-by-step demonstrations of 45 key nursing procedures present the skills you need for confident performance in labs and clinicals. For each skill, you can also test your understanding with NCLEX® examination-style review questions with rationales.
- A consistent format for each skill takes you from planning to follow-up care complete with review questions!
- Overviews present the purpose of the skill, safety precautions, and delegation guidelines to help you put skills in the context of patient care.
- Preparation includes patient assessment and any appropriate patient preparation needed before the procedure.
- Equipment familiarizes you with the most current equipment used for each procedure.
- Procedure Videos let you watch and learn with 45 videos of key nursing procedures that are performed by real nurses and feature the most current practices. Many videos feature dynamic 3-D animations to show what is happening inside the body. You can also print out handy procedure guidelines that include the steps for each procedure.
- Follow-up Care outlines appropriate assessment, evaluation, and interventions to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Documentation provides guidelines on what and how to document care provided and patient response, and includes sample documentation that can be printed for review.
- Review Questions feature NCLEX examination-style review questions with rationales so you can evaluate your understanding of each skill.
- Sections can be viewed sequentially or you can easily select a specific section – so you can choose how much time to spend on each section or select or skip specific material.
- Each video approximately 5 minutes.
Pressure Ulcers and Wound Care
- Assessing wounds
- Irrigating wounds
- Changing dressings
- Managing wound drainage systems
- Caring for pressure ulcers
- Inserting a nasogastric feeding tube
- Providing enteral feedings
- Irrigating a feeding tube
- Removing a feeding tube
- Establishing & maintaining sterile field
- Adding items to a sterile field
- Pouring a sterile solution
- Using a pre-packaged sterile kit
- Performing sterile gloving
Respiratory Care and Suctioning
- Pouching a colostomy
- Pouching a ureterostomy
Postoperative Nursing Care
- Ensuring oxygen safety
- Setting oxygen flow rates
- Applying a nasal cannula or a face mask
- Maintaining an airway
- Providing tracheostomy care
- Performing oropharyngeal suctioning
- Performing nasotracheal suctioning
- Suctioning an artificial airway
Preoperative Nursing Care
- Providing postoperative care
- Managing pain
- Managing a nasogastric tube
- Performing a preoperative assessment
- Promoting family support and participation
- Teaching postoperative exercises and pain management
- Preparing a patient for surgery
Urinary Catheter Management
- Collecting a midstream urine specimen
- Performing fecal occult blood testing
- Performing gastric occult blood and pH testing
- Collecting a sputum specimen
- Collecting a specimen for wound culture
- Performing blood glucose testing
- Screening urine for chemical properties
- Inserting an indwelling urinary catheter in a female patient
- Inserting an indwelling urinary catheter in a male patient
- Irrigating a urinary catheter
- Performing intermittent straight catheterization
- Obtaining a sterile urine specimen
- Removing indwelling urinary catheter
- Caring for suprapubic catheter