ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY ONLINE is a comprehensive, interactive online course designed to bring the material in Structure & Function of the Body, 13th Edition to life! As you progress through a series of online modules, you'll encounter audio and visual elements, engaging activities, animations, exercises, quizzes, and more. Each module corresponds with key chapters in the text, emphasizing and reinforcing the most important concepts within each chapter. Whether you use this course as an independent study tool or as an enhancement to traditional classroom instruction, you'll benefit from this hands-on approach to learning, developed to strengthen your memory and practical understanding of essential anatomy and physiology concepts.
- Learning objectives for each lesson help you focus your attention on the most important points.
- Reading assignments from the text, supported by focus concepts, are closely aligned with the content and activities in each lesson.
- Over 300 full-color illustrations, photographs, and micrographs of anatomic structures, physiologic concepts, and disease processes make learning more visual and engaging.
- More than 150 full-color, state-of-the-art narrated animations clarify anatomic structures and physiologic processes and let you see how underlying structures and functions interact, such as pulmonary circulation, events of the cardiac cycle, and sensory and motor pathways of the central nervous system.
- Cardiac and respiratory audio segments allow you to hear actual heart and lung sounds, including murmurs, friction rubs, crackles, and wheezes.
- More than 300 interactive exercises use a variety of engaging activities woven into each lesson - such as Identification, Image Association, Flash Cards, and Sequencing - providing immediate feedback and reinforcement of key concepts.
- A complete glossary of terms with definitions and audio pronunciations familiarizes you with key terms and concepts.
- Lesson self-assessment quizzes and module exams assess your understanding of the content and provide immediate feedback.
Module 1 Introduction to the Structure and Function of the Body
Module 2 Chemistry of Life
Module 3 Cells and Tissues
Module 4 Organ Systems of the Body
Module 5 The Integumentary System and Body Membranes
Module 6 The Skeletal System
Module 7 The Muscular System
Module 8 The Nervous System
Module 9 The Senses
Module 10 The Endocrine System
Module 11 Blood
Module 12 The Circulation of the Blood
Module 13 The Lymphatic System and Immunity
Module 14 The Respiratory System
Module 15 The Digestive System
Module 16 Nutrition and Metabolism
Module 17 The Urinary System
Module 18 Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
Module 19 Acid-Base Balance
Module 20 The Reproductive System
Module 21 Growth and Development