Mosby's PDQ for Wound Care,
Page Count: 160
List Price: $27.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Use this handy, durable resource in providing quality wound care! Comprehensive and precise, this guide covers wound assessment, wound care, and wound healing in acute, long-term, and home care settings. Eye-catching photographs show various wound types at different stages, and tables and charts clearly depict assessment and treatment information. A practical approach to care includes a focus on patient teaching and helping patients handle anxiety and pain.
- Pocket size offers convenience and spiral binding allows the guide to lay flat for on-the-job reference.
- Waterproof and stain-resistant pages are great for rugged clinical use.
- Color-coded tabs make it easy to access information on the anatomy and physiology of the skin, wound healing, classification and staging, wound care, and more.
- A quick-reference table of contents in each section divider helps you find information easily, with handy cross-references to related content.
- A special section on the emotional impact of wounds helps you manage anxiety and pain.
- A Documentation section assists in working in skilled nursing facilities and home health care settings.
- Patient teaching resources include reliable websites, drugs, and consumer products.
- Information and references are included for the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society (WOCN), which has a membership of over 4,300 nurse professionals, and the American Academy of Wound Management (AAWM), with over 2,600 members.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin
- Emotional Impact of Wounds
- Physiology of Wound Healing
- Wound Classification and Staging
- Wound Assessment
- Wound Care and Treatments
- Treatment of Common Wound Types
- Patient Teaching