Mosby's Nursing Assistant Video Skills - Institutional Version DVD 3.0 Package, 3rd Edition
With these engaging, interactive videos, you’ll be able to understand and master over 60 key nursing assistant procedures. Each procedure includes Purpose, Equipment, Preparation, Safety, Procedure Video, Follow-Up Care, and Review Questions. The Procedure Video demonstrates how to perform a specific skill in a step-by-step format, according to the most current nurse assisting practice. Institutional Version Package.
- Full-motion, step-by-step procedures clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform skills.
- Actual nurses and nurse assistants demonstrate realistic performance of skills.
- Cultural diversity is represented for both patients and nurses, reflecting the reality of today’s practice.
- Exciting computer graphics and animations enhance the fast-paced, engaging presentation.
- A consistent format for each skill includes segments such as purpose, equipment, preparation, safety, procedure video, follow up, and review questions.
- Overviews help you place skills within the context of patient care.
- Preparation for each skill indicates appropriate patient preparation as well as a link to standard preparation steps.
- Safety sections alert you to important points to ensure the safe performance of each skill.
- Review questions for each skill help you review and evaluate your understanding.
Infection control and Safety Measures
- Hand hygiene including hand washing and use of antiseptic hand gel NEW!
- PPE for standard precautions including applying and removing in the correct sequence: gloves, gown, mask, eye protection NEW!
- Using restraint alternatives, including proper use of side rails, bed alarms, and bed and wheelchair locks
- Applying restraints, including vest restraint, extremity restraints, waist restraints and finger-control mittens
Bathing and Bedmaking
- The complete and partial bed bath
- Use of bag bath NEW!
- Tub Bath and Shower NEW!
- Perineal care for the female
- Perineal care for the male
- Making the unoccupied bed--closed
- Making the unoccupied bed-open
- Making a surgical bed
- Making the occupied bed
Body Mechanics and Exercise
- Assisting with moving and positioning clients in bed
- Moving client up in bed
- Transfer from bed to chair or wheelchair using a transfer belt
- Transfer from bed to a stretcher
- Passive range-of-motion exercises
- Assisting with ambulation with a cane and walker
- Transfer from Bed to a chair using a mechanical lift NEW!
Assisting with Elimination
- Assisting patient to commode
- Assisting with a urinal
- Assisting with a bedpan, including standard and fracture bedpans
- Applying a condom catheter
- Administering an enema
- Providing indwelling catheter care
- Emptying urinary drainage bag
- Changing drainage bag
- Inserting a rectal tube
- Changing an ostomy bag/pouch
Nutrition & Fluids
- Preparing for meals
- Serving meal trays, including the use of the “clock technique for a visually impaired person
- Assisting with eating
- Intake and output
Personal Hygiene & Grooming
- Oral hygiene, including oral care for the unconscious person, denture cleaning, and precautions for the person at risk of aspiration
- Hair care, including shampooing in bed
- Giving a shampoo in tub or shower
- Shaving a male with safety/disposable and electric razor
- Nail and foot care
- Changing a hospital gown
- Changing a hospital gown for patient with IV
- Assisting with undressing and dressing
- Height and weight
- Taking a radial pulse
- Taking an apical pulse
- Counting respirations
- Temperature: electronic thermometer (oral, rectal, axillary)
- Temperature: tympanic thermometer
- Blood pressure: one-step method
- Pulse oximetry NEW!
Skin and Wound Care
- Giving pressure ulcer care to the patient with a Stage I pressure ulcer
- Applying elastic stockings
- Applying a dry non-sterile dressing
- Back rub
- Applying an elastic abdominal binder
Heat and Cold Application
- Performing hot or cold soak
- Performing hot bath or sitz bath
- Applying hot or cold compress
- Applying hot or cold pack, ice bags, ice collars, and ice gloves
- Using an aquamatic or aquathermia pad
Specimen Collection and Testing and Surgical Care
- Mid-stream urine specimen collection
- Fecal occult blood testing using the Hemoccult test
- Sputum specimen collection
- Promoting postoperative recovery: breathing and coughing exercises
- Surgical skin prep