With these engaging, interactive videos, you’ll be able to understand and master key nursing assistant procedures. Each procedure includes Purpose, Equipment, Preparation, Safety, Procedure Video, Follow-Up Care, and Review Questions. The Procedure Video demonstrates how to perform a specific skill in a step-by-step format, according to the most current nurse assisting practice. Institutional Version.
- Full-motion, step-by-step procedures clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform skills.
- Actual nurses and nurse assistants demonstrate realistic performance of skills.
- Cultural diversity is represented for both patients and nurses, reflecting the reality of today’s practice.
- Exciting computer graphics and animations enhance the fast-paced, engaging presentation.
- A consistent format for each skill includes segments such as purpose, equipment, preparation, safety, procedure video, follow up, and review questions.
- Overviews help you place skills within the context of patient care.
- Preparation for each skill indicates appropriate patient preparation as well as a link to standard preparation steps.
- Safety sections alert you to important points to ensure the safe performance of each skill.
- Review questions for each skill help you review and evaluate your understanding.
Personal Hygiene & Grooming
- Oral hygiene, including oral care for the unconscious person, denture cleaning, and precautions for the person at risk of aspiration
- Hair care, including shampooing in bed
- Giving a shampoo in tub or shower
- Shaving a male with safety/disposable and electric razor
- Nail and foot care
- Changing a hospital gown
- Changing a hospital gown for patient with IV
- Assisting with undressing and dressing