With these engaging, interactive videos, you’ll be able to understand and master over 60 key nursing assistant procedures. Each video demonstrates how to perform a specific skill in a step-by-step format, according to the most current nurse assisting practice. Review follow each procedure giving opportunities to evaluate understanding.
- Full-motion, step-by-step procedures clearly and accurately demonstrate how to perform skills.
- Actual nurses and nurse assistants demonstrate realistic performance of skills.
- Cultural diversity is represented for both patients and nurses, reflecting the reality of today’s practice.
- Exciting computer graphics and animations enhance the fast-paced, engaging presentation.
- A consistent format for each skill includes segments such as purpose, equipment, preparation, safety, procedure video, follow up, and review questions.
- Overviews help you place skills within the context of patient care.
- Preparation for each skill indicates appropriate patient preparation as well as a link to standard preparation steps.
- Safety sections alert you to important points to ensure the safe performance of each skill.
- Review questions for each skill help you review and evaluate your understanding.
Infection control and Safety Measures
Bathing and Bedmaking
- Hand hygiene including hand washing and use of antiseptic hand gel NEW!
- PPE for standard precautions including applying and removing in the correct sequence: gloves, gown, mask, eye protection NEW!
- Using restraint alternatives, including proper use of side rails, bed alarms, and bed and wheelchair locks
- Applying restraints, including vest restraint, extremity restraints, waist restraints and finger-control mittens
Body Mechanics and Exercise
- The complete and partial bed bath
- Use of bag bath NEW!
- Tub Bath and Shower NEW!
- Perineal care for the female
- Perineal care for the male
- Making the unoccupied bed--closed
- Making the unoccupied bed-open
- Making a surgical bed
- Making the occupied bed
Assisting with Elimination
- Assisting with moving and positioning clients in bed
- Moving client up in bed
- Transfer from bed to chair or wheelchair using a transfer belt
- Transfer from bed to a stretcher
- Passive range-of-motion exercises
- Assisting with ambulation with a cane and walker
- Transfer from Bed to a chair using a mechanical lift NEW!
Nutrition & Fluids
- Assisting patient to commode
- Assisting with a urinal
- Assisting with a bedpan, including standard and fracture bedpans
- Applying a condom catheter
- Administering an enema
- Providing indwelling catheter care
- Emptying urinary drainage bag
- Changing drainage bag
- Inserting a rectal tube
- Changing an ostomy bag/pouch
Personal Hygiene & Grooming
- Preparing for meals
- Serving meal trays, including the use of the “clock” technique for a visually impaired person
- Assisting with eating
- Intake and output
- Oral hygiene, including oral care for the unconscious person, denture cleaning, and precautions for the person at risk of aspiration
- Hair care, including shampooing in bed
- Giving a shampoo in tub or shower
- Shaving a male with safety/disposable and electric razor
- Nail and foot care
- Changing a hospital gown
- Changing a hospital gown for patient with IV
- Assisting with undressing and dressing
Skin and Wound Care
- Height and weight
- Taking a radial pulse
- Taking an apical pulse
- Counting respirations
- Temperature: electronic thermometer (oral, rectal, axillary)
- Temperature: tympanic thermometer
- Blood pressure: one-step method
- Pulse oximetry NEW!
Heat and Cold Application
- Giving pressure ulcer care to the patient with a Stage I pressure ulcer
- Applying elastic stockings
- Applying a dry non-sterile dressing
- Back rub
- Applying an elastic abdominal binder
Specimen Collection and Testing and Surgical Care
- Performing hot or cold soak
- Performing hot bath or sitz bath
- Applying hot or cold compress
- Applying hot or cold pack, ice bags, ice collars, and ice gloves
- Using an aquamatic or aquathermia pad
- Mid-stream urine specimen collection
- Fecal occult blood testing using the Hemoccult test
- Sputum specimen collection
- Promoting postoperative recovery: breathing and coughing exercises
- Surgical skin prep