Designed specifically to meet the unique needs of students studying to become rehabilitation professionals - including physical therapists, occupational therapists, and chiropractors - this full-color dissection guide helps you connect discoveries in the dissection lab with function and pathology. With the necessary technical information you need – including content on applied anatomy, embryology, and structural histology – in 25 laboratory exploration chapters, this unique guide uses case studies and critical thinking exercises to encourage you to explore human anatomy, synthesize your findings, and apply your knowledge to clinical practice.
- Extensive coverage of the musculoskeletal and nervous system emphasizes the information on muscles, vertebral column, and the upper and lower extremities that you need as a rehabilitation health professional.
- Clinical cases, thought-provoking questions, clinical notes, and review exercises encourage you to explore through dissection and apply what you’ve learned to real-life practice.
- Sections on embryology and histology provide important insights into the origin and nature of adult anatomy and follow the national guidelines for physical therapy anatomy curricula.
- References to the most popular human anatomy atlases – Netter’s, Gray’s, Grant’s, and Clemente’s – allow for flexibility of use in any program.
- Emphasis on variations in anatomy reinforces the real-life diversity among patients.
- Over 200 full-color illustrations clearly demonstrate anatomy and dissection processes.
Introduction to Exploring
Lab Exploration 1: Vertebral Column
Lab Exploration 2: Back
Lab Exploration 3: Suboccipital Triangle
Lab Exploration 4: Spinal Cord
Lab Exploration 5: Thoracic Body Wall, Pleural Cavities and Lungs
Lab Exploration 6: Heart and Mediastinum
Lab Exploration 7: Abdominal Body Wall and Inguinal Region
Lab Exploration 8: Peritoneal Cavity and Abdominal Viscera
Lab Exploration 9: Diaphragm, Kidneys and Bladder
Lab Exploration 10: Triangles of the Neck
Lab Exploration 11: Pectoral Region and Axilla
Lab Exploration 12: Scapular Region, Shoulder Joint and Arm
Lab Exploration 13: Elbow and Forearm
Lab Exploration 14: Wrist and Hand
Lab Exploration 15: Posterior Body Wall
Lab Exploration 16: Anterior and Medial Thigh
Lab Exploration 17: Gluteal Region Posterior and Lateral Thigh
Lab Exploration 18: Perineum and Ischiorectal Fossa
Lab Exploration 19: Popliteal Fossa and Knee Joint
Lab Exploration 20: Leg and Dorsum of Foot
Lab Exploration 21: Plantar Foot and Ankle
Lab Exploration 22: Viscerocranium and Muscles of Facial Expression
Lab Exploration 23: Neurocranium and Intracranial Fossae
Lab Exploration 24: Muscles of Mastication and Temporomandibular Joint
Lab Exploration 25: Craniovertebral Joints and Prevertebral Muscles