Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
- Remains a world-wide leader in its field, providing comprehensive and authoritative information on all aspects of cardiopulmonary physical therapy.
- Covers structure and function, pathology, medications, medical tests and measures, and common imaging techniques.
- Includes practical information on electrocardiographic interpretation, pharmacology, changes with aging, and evaluation and treatment skills.
- Completely revised and restructured throughout, with integrated cardiac and pulmonary coverage that provides a more cohesive understanding of how the body functions.
- Corresponds exactly with the practice patterns and current scope of practice as outlined in the Guide, keeping the therapist current with the APTA standard of care, and making this edition almost an entirely new book.
- Includes case studies that feature essentials of the APTA's clinical practice patterns - real-life situations that focus on functional disabilities.
- Contains eight totally new chapters that describe common cardiopulmonary examination and intervention skills, based largely on identified items from the Guide.
- Provides updated and more complete information on pharmacology, promoting safe and effective use of drugs by understanding drug reactions.
- Features totally revised and updated reference sections in all chapters.
- NEW Evolve companion website provides readers with additional teaching and learning tools.
I. Basic Sciences
1. Cardiovascular Structure and Function
2. Respiratory Physiology: Structure, Function, and Integrative Responses to Intervention with Special Emphasis on the Ventilatory Pump
3. Normal and Abnormal Cardiopulmonary Responses to Exercise
4. Cardiopulmonary Changes with Aging
II. Medical Sciences
5. Cardiac Disease and Pathophysiology
6. Common Pulmonary Diseases
7. Cardiac and Pulmonary Tests and Measures*
8. Drug Therapy of Common Cardiac Disorders
9. Pulmonary Pharmacology
III. Physical Therapy
10. Primary Prevention and Risk Reduction for Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Disorders—Preferred Practice Pattern 6A
11. The Patient with Deconditioning—Preferred Practice Pattern 6B*
12. The Patient with Airway Clearance Dysfunction—Preferred Practice Pattern 6C*
13. The Patient with Cardiovascular Pump Dysfunction/Failure—Preferred Practice Pattern 6D*
14. The Patient with Ventilatory Pump Dysfunction/Failure—Preferred Practice Pattern 6E*
15. The Patient with Respiratory Failure—Preferred Practice Pattern 6F*
16. Respiratory Failure in the Neonate—Preferred Practice Pattern 6G*
17. The Patient with Lymphatic System Disorder—Preferred Practice Pattern 6H*
Scot Irwin, MS, PT, DPT, DPT, Graduate Program in PT, North Georgia College and State University, Dahlonega, GA, USA and Jan S. Tecklin, MS, PT