Manual of Pulmonary Function Testing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 512
List Price: $60.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
The perfect text, on-the-job reference and certification exam review, MANUAL OF PULMONARY FUNCTION TESTING, 9th Edition includes a wealth of information on pulmonary function tests, techniques, pathophysiology, equipment, computers, and quality assurance to help you get the best results every time. Detailed information on the pulmonary function tests used to determine the presence, extent, and progression of lung disease and abnormality helps you reveal conditions including asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and cystic fibrosis. This new edition includes even more opportunities to apply your knowledge with additional Case Studies and Self-Assessment Questions.
- A "how to" approach to testing explains procedures step-by-step and provides a valuable on-the-job reference.
- UNIQUE! Objectives for both Entry and Advanced Levels following the content guidelines suggested by National Board for Respiratory Care provide a useful study tool for the CPFT and RPFT examinations.
- UNIQUE! PF Tips boxes highlight content from the text to help you remember essential information.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Practice Tips provide helpful guidance for applying the concepts and procedures from each chapter.
- Updated "Case Studies" provide you with the most up-to-date scenarios to help prepare you for clinical situations.
- Updated "Self-Assessment Questions" for each chapter test your knowledge of the content, and answers in the appendix let you check your answers for accuracy.
- The latest guidelines from the American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society (ATS/ERS) and the American Thoracic Society/American College of Chest Physicians (ATS/ACCP), plus information on new procedures and testing equipment ensure you use the most current practice guidelines.
- UNIQUE! More real-life cases with actual tracings and authentic patient data enhance your ability to interpret pulmonary function studies.
- Chapter Outlines, Key Terms, and Key Point Summaries highlight the most important information in every chapter and help you review key information for the CPFT and RPFT examinations.
1. Indications for Pulmonary Function Testing
2. Spirometry and Related Tests
3. Lung Volumes and Gas Distribution Tests
4. Ventilation and Ventilatory Control Tests
5. Diffusing Capacity Tests
6. Blood Bases and Related Tests
7. Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing – EXPANDED!
8. Pediatric Pulmonary Function Testing
9. Specialized Test Regimens – EXPANDED!
10. Pulmonary Function Testing Equipment – EXPANDED!
11. Quality Assurance in the Pulmonary Function Laboratory
A. Answers to Self-Assessment Questions
B. Reference Values
C. Conversion and Correction Factors
D. Regulations and Regulatory Agencies
E. Useful Equations
F. Sample Calculations
G. The Mean and Standard Deviation
Gregg L. Ruppel, MEd, RRT, RPFT, FAARC, Director, Pulmonary Function Laboratory, St. Louis University Hospital, St. Louis, MO