Radiographic Imaging and Exposure - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 416
List Price: $56.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
With an integrated presentation of digital radiography and conventional film-screen radiography, RADIOGRAPHIC IMAGING AND EXPOSURE, 3rd Edition provides comprehensive coverage of the fundamental principles of imaging you need to know to produce the highest-quality images and reduce the number of repeated radiographs. This practical text also includes Patient Protection Alerts, Practical Tips, Important Relationships, and Mathematical Solutions features throughout to provide helpful information every step of the way.
- An emphasis on practical information focuses on imaging and exposure topics essential to becoming a competent radiographer.
- UNIQUE! Integrated digital radiography coverage and a separate digital chapter include information on how to acquire, process, and display digital images.
- UNIQUE! Practical Tips boxes demonstrate how to apply concepts and use information in clinical practice.
- UNIQUE! Important Relationships boxes call attention to the fundamentals of radiographic imaging and exposure.
- UNIQUE! Mathematical Applications boxes familiarize you with the mathematical formulas needed in the clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Sections on Film Critique and interpretations in the appendices teach you how to evaluate the quality of radiographic images and determine which factors contributed to poor images.
- Expanded information and useful tables on quality control tests help you ensure that you get the best image possible every time.
- Patient Protection Alerts discuss how certain variables can impact patient exposure with tips on how to control them.
- Radiographic Film Processing chapter now includes more information on image artifacts for a more comprehensive look at radiographic film.
- Added information on computers and the types of digital imaging, with new illustrations in the Digital Radiography chapter, keeps you up-to-date with the latest digital techniques.
- Bulleted summaries at the end of each chapter provide a quick review to ensure your understanding.
- A comprehensive glossary provides definitions for the terms in the book to help you become familiar with the language of radiographic imaging.
1. Radiation and Its Discovery
2. The X-Ray Beam
3. Radiographic Image Formation
4. Radiographic Image Quality: Photographic Properties
5. Radiographic Image Quality: Geometric Properties
6. Scatter Control
7. Image Receptors
8. Radiographic Film Processing
10. Exposure Factor Selection
11. Automatic Exposure Control
12. Digital Imaging
A. Summary of Important Relationships
B. Summary of Mathematical Applications
C. Summary of Practical Tips
D. Summary of Patient Protection Tips
E. Film Critique Interpretations
Terri L. Fauber, EdD, RT(R)(M), Associate Professor and Radiography Program Director, Department of Radiation Sciences, School of Allied Health Professions, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA