Medical Secrets,5th Edition
Medical Secrets is an easy-to-read, best-selling volume in the Secrets Series®, perfect for use in clerkships, for board prep, or as a handy clinical reference. Mary P. Harward, MD presents core medical knowledge in the trusted question-and-answer format to help you better meet the challenges you face every day.
- Prepare effectively with the proven question-and-answer format of the highly acclaimed Secrets Series®.
- Master all common conditions and their treatments.
- Identify key facts and secrets using the "Top 100 Secrets" section.
- Review material quickly thanks to bulleted lists, tables, and short answers.
- Apply pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets" from experts in the field.
- Stay current on the latest standards in medical care thanks to extensive updates, including new chapters on Medical Ethics, Vascular Medicine, and Palliative Medicine.
- Get the latest key information at a glance with over 30 new tables and several new figures.
- Consult the book wherever you go thanks to the portable size that fits in your lab coat pocket.
- Find information easily using the two-color page layout, "Key Points" boxes, and a highly detailed index.
Top 100 Secrets
1. Medical Ethics
2. General Medicine and Ambulatory Care
3. Medical Consultation
5. Vascular Medicine
6. Pulmonary Medicine
9. Acid-Base and Electrolytes
11. Allergy and Immunology
12. Infectious Diseases
13. Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection
19. Palliative Medicine
Mary P. Harward, MD, Medical Staff, Department of Medicine, St. Joseph Hospital, Orange, California