Linne & Ringsrud's Clinical Laboratory Science, 6th Edition
- Expert insight from respected educator and author Mary Louise Turgeon reflects the full spectrum of clinical laboratory science.
- Engaging full-color design and illustrations familiarize you with what you'll see under the microscope.
- Streamlined approach makes must-know concepts and practices more accessible.
- Broad scope provides an ideal introduction to clinical laboratory science at various levels, including MLS/MLT and Medical Assisting.
- Hands-on procedures guide you through the exact steps you'll perform in the lab.
- Learning objectives help you identify key chapter content and study more effectively.
- Case studies challenge you to apply concepts to realistic scenarios.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your understanding and identify areas requiring additional study.
- A companion Evolve website provides convenient online access to procedures, glossary, audio glossary and links to additional information.
- Updated instrumentation coverage familiarizes you with the latest technological advancements in clinical laboratory science.
- Perforated pages make it easy for you to take procedure instructions with you into the lab.
- Enhanced organization helps you study more efficiently and quickly locate the information you need.
- Convenient glossary provides fast, easy access to definitions of key terms.
Part I Basic Laboratory Techniques Chapter 1 Fundamentals of the Clinical Laboratory Chapter 2 Safety in the Clinical Laboratory Chapter 3 Phlebotomy: Collecting and Processing Blood Chapter 4 Systems of Measurement, Laboratory Equipment, and Reagents Chapter 5 The Microscope Chapter 6 Basic and New Techniques in the Clinical Laboratory Chapter 7 Laboratory Mathematics and Solution Preparation Chapter 8 Quality Assessment and Quality Control in the Clinical Laboratory Chapter 9 Point-of-Care Testing Chapter 10 Laboratory Information Systems and Automation
Part II Clinical Laboratory Specializations Chapter 11 Introduction to Clinical Chemistry Chapter 12 Principles and Practice of Clinical Hematology Chapter 13 Introduction to Hemostasis Chapter 14 Renal Physiology and Urinalysis Chapter 15 Examination of Body Fluids and Miscellaneous Specimens Chapter 16 Introduction to Microbiology Chapter 17 Immunology and Serology Chapter 18 Immunohematology and Transfusion Medicine
Mary Louise Turgeon, EdD, MLS(ASCP)CM, Clinical Laboratory Education Consultant, Mary L. Turgeon & Associates, Boston, MA, and St. Petersburg, FL; Clinical Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, Tufts University, Boston, MA; Adjunct Professor, Northeastern University, College of Professional Studies, Boston, MA; Professor, South University, Physician Assistant Program, Tampa, FL