Online ECG Companion for ECGs Made Easy (User Guide and Access Code), 4th Edition
Designed as an online companion to ECGs Made Easy, 4th Edition, by Barbara Aehlert, RN, BSPA this course reinforces concepts found in the textbook with videos, animations, and interactive exercises. The course is organized to parallel the text's table of contents. Most chapters feature a "Scenario Challenge" case study with a sample rhythm strip and other relevant clinical information. Students can manipulate an on-screen cardiac ruler, (called the "ECG Analyst") to take measurements of the ECG tracing and then answer questions about the case. The ECG Analyst can also be used by students to practice measuring and identifying more than 45 additional rhythm strips. Each online chapter concludes with a summary of important concepts that will help students review. In addition, a comprehensive review of all the material—from beginning to end—challenges the student to identify 50 rhythms by examining tracings and viewing rhythms on oscilloscopes as if on a real ECG monitor. Automatically scored assessments include chapter quizzes and a final "post test."
- "ECG Analyst" cardiac ruler to determine heart rate and other important information.
- Over 45 practice rhythm strips to be evaluated and identified using the ECG Analyst cardiac ruler.
- A "Scenario Challenge" case study in most chapters. After studying vital signs and measuring an ECG strip with the ECG Analyst cardiac ruler, students are challenged to answer a series of thought-provoking questions.
- More than 95 minutes of video and animation to help demonstrate electrophysiology, lead placement, and much more. Expert presenters give clinical pearls about ECG interpretation.
- Over 40 interactive activities and exercises in the form of matching, memory games, multiple-choice questions, click-and-drag labeling exercises, and more.
- A comprehensive summary of each chapter that provides a quick review.
- A comprehensive review of all content, featuring 50 rhythm strips (both static and dynamic) to be identified, with remedial content available at a click.
- Automatically scored chapter quizzes and a final "post test," many with rhythm strips as part of the question.
- A glossary with approximately 250 terms.
Barbara J Aehlert, RN, BSPA, Southwest EMS Education Inc., Phoenix, AZ and Pursley, TX, USA