The Muscular System Manual - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
The Muscular System Manual by Dr. Joseph E. Muscolino makes the study of musculoskeletal anatomy easier and more engaging with a highly visual approach! This innovative, vibrantly illustrated atlas details the muscles and bones of the human body with unrivaled clarity and helps you build the strong anatomic understanding needed for success in practice.
- A full-color, student-friendly design with special icons that direct you to the CD and Evolve site, and checkboxes that help you to keep track of what you need to learn and what you have mastered.
Notes on Functions section explains each muscle’s mover, antagonist, and stabilization functions to help you learn and retain content instead of just memorizing it.
Palpation boxes include numbered steps instructing how to palpate each muscle so you can apply this assessment skill in practice.
Expert author, Dr. Joseph E. Muscolino, shares his 24 years of experience as an educator to make this the most complete resource on musculoskeletal anatomy available.
- Evolve Resources include:
- Audio files for muscle name, attachment, and action review
- Terminology crossword puzzles
- Name That Muscle review exercises
- Drag ‘n’ Drop labeling activities
- Additional appendices supplementing The Muscular System Manual
- Review questions
- NEW & UNIQUE! Full-color anatomic illustrations drawn onto photos of the human body present muscles and bones in physical context to help students confidently identify musculoskeletal structures.
- NEW & UNIQUE! A bound-in companion CD-ROM enables students to examine muscles and bones layer-by-layer through an interactive review of the muscles in each body region.
- NEW & UNIQUE! Downloadable audio files on the companion Evolve website familiarize students with each muscle’s name, attachments, and major actions, allowing for study anywhere.
- Content organized by functional group mirrors the way this material is most often taught, making this book more user friendly for the classroom.
- Expanded coverage of muscles, including new content on eccentric and stabilization functions, myofascial meridians, pelvic floor muscles, and more make this the most complete musculoskeletal reference available.
PART 1: The Musculoskeletal System
- Basic Kinesiology Terminology
- The Skeletal System
- How Muscles Function
- Muscles of the Shoulder Girdle Joints
- Muscles of the Glenohumeral Joint
- Muscles of the Elbow and Radioulnar Joints
- Muscles of the Wrist Joint
- Extrinsic Muscles of the Finger Joints
- Intrinsic Muscles of the Finger Joints
- Muscles of the Spinal Joints
- Muscles of the Rib Cage Joints
- Muscles of the Temporomandibular Joints
- Muscles of Facial Expression
- Muscles of the Hip Joint
- Muscles of the Knee Joint
- Muscles of the Ankle and Subtalar Joints
- Extrinsic Muscles of the Toe Joints
- Intrinsic Muscles of the Toe Joints
PART 2: The Skeletal Muscles of the Upper Extremity
PART 3: The Skeletal Muscles of the Axial Body
PART 4: The Skeletal Muscles of the Lower Extremity
PART 5: Functional Mover Groups of Muscles
19. Functional Mover Groups of Muscles
Joseph E. Muscolino, DC, Instructor, Purchase College, State University of New York, Purchase, NY; Owner, The Art and Science of Kinesiology, Redding, CT