Orthopedic Secrets,4th Edition
Quickly reference the answers you need to the most important clinical questions in orthopedics with Orthopedic Secrets. Fully updated throughout, this classic medical reference book covers the entire range of essential topics in orthopedics, organized by subspecialty, for rapid access to the knowledge you need for success both in practice and on board and recertification exams.
- Zero in on key orthopedic information with a question-and-answer format, bulleted lists, mnemonics, and practical tips from the authors.
- Enhance your reference power with a two-color page layout, "Key Points" boxes, and lists of useful websites.
- Review essential material efficiently with a "Top 100 Secrets" chapter, perfect for last-minute study or self-assessment.
- Keep it close. A pocket-sized design makes this title easy to fit in your lab coat pocket!
- Take a fresh, updated approach to orthopedics with new editors and authors from the world-class orthopedic program at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Focus on the details most relevant to your needs through a new case-based approach that's perfect for student or resident reference/review, or for any practitioner looking for a broad overview of the field.
PREFACE TO THE 4TH EDITION - vi
CONTRIBUTORS - vii
Chapter 1 Adult Reconstruction - 1
Chapter 2 Basic Science - 23
Chapter 3 Foot and Ankle - 51
Chapter 4 Hand - 81
Chapter 5 Orthopedic Oncology - 125
Chapter 6 Pediatric Orthopedics - 145
Chapter 7 Rehabilitation and Neuro-Orhtopedic Surgery - 220
Chapter 8 Shoulder and Elbow - 244
Chapter 9 Spine - 281
Chapter 10 Sports - 328
Chapter 11 Orthopedic Trauma - 381
INDEX - 443
Surena Namdari, MD, MSc, Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Shoulder & Elbow Surgeon, Rothman Institute -- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA, Stephan Pill, MD, MSPT, Orthopedic Surgeon, Orthopedic Specialists of the Carolinas, Winston-Salem, NC, USA and Samir Mehta, MD, Chief, Orthopedic Trauma and Fracture Service, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA