Digital Radiography and PACS Revised Reprint - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 256
List Price: $57.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Practical and comprehensive, this resource offers up-to-date coverage of computed radiography, digital radiography, and PACS. It explores the differences between conventional and digital imaging systems and how computed and digital radiography systems fit within the radiology department. State-of-the art information on image acquisition, exposure guidelines, and quality control help you obtain the best possible radiographs. You'll also learn about PACS workstations, archiving, film digitization, image printing, and more. For this revised reprint, we have updated Chapters 4, 5, 6, 7, and 12. In Chapter 4, revisions have been made to the Digitizing the Signal and Speed Class sections. In Chapter 5, revisions have been made to the Imaging Plate Selection, Grid Selection, and Automatic Data Recognition sections. In Chapter 6, the Indirect Conversion, CsI Detectors, Detective Quantum Efficiency, and Spatial Resolution sections have been revised. In Chapter 12, the Quality Control Standards section has been revised.
- Discusses the similarities and differences between conventional and digital systems.
- Introduces basic computer components and networking concepts for a solid foundation in the principles of computing.
- Provides balanced coverage of computed radiography (CR), digital radiography (DR), and PACS systems.
- Includes step-by-step guidance for acquiring, processing, and producing radiographic images using CR/DR technologies.
- Explores the CR/DR quality workstation, as well as advanced image processing and manipulation functions available on many of the latest CR/DR workstations.
- Offers complete coverage of PACS workstations, archiving solutions, and system architectures, including information on film digitization, printing images, and preparing image files.
- Provides comprehensive quality control and management guidelines for PACS, CR, and DR.
- Chapter objectives, chapter summaries, key terms, and review questions reinforce key concepts and help you retain and recall important information.
Part I Introduction
Ch 1 Comparison of conventional and digital systems
Part II Basic Principles
Ch 2 Basic Computer Concepts
Ch 3 Networking Basics
Part III Digital Radiographic Image Acquisition and Processing
Ch 4 Cassette-based Equipment
Ch 5 Cassette-based Image Acquisition
Ch 6 Cassetteless Equipment and Image Acquisition
Ch 7 Digital Radiographic Image Processing and Manupulation
Part IV PACS
Ch 8 PACS Workstations
Ch 9 Image Archiving Solutions
Ch 10 Digitizing, Printing and Burning
Part V Quality Control and Quality Management
Ch 11 Ensuring Quality in PACS
Ch 12 Total Quality Management
Christi Carter, MSRS, RT(R), Faculty Director, Radiologic Science, Brookhaven College, TX and Beth Veale, BSRS, MEd, RT(R)(QM), Associate Professor, Radiologic Sciences, Midwestern State University, TX