Does your instructor plan to use this product on Evolve (instead of a school's LMS - like Blackboard, etc)?
Offering unique learning opportunities beyond the traditional textbook, Mosby's Radiography Online: Anatomy and Positioning for Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning & Procedures, 12th Edition, uses problem-based learning to help you develop essential critical thinking skills. Authors Eugene Frank, Bruce Long, and Barbara Smith have designed this innovative learning resource so that it can be used seamlessly and effectively in conjunction with Merrill’s Atlas, Pocket Guide, and Workbook — a complete package that enhances learning and improves your understanding of radiographic anatomy and positioning. Numerous updates make Mosby's Radiography Online easier to use than ever before!
- Animations and slide shows with audio narration demonstrate positioning procedures and help you grasp difficult concepts.
- Interactive exercises such as case studies, image evaluations, and a variety of interactive exercises reinforce learning and make study more interesting and engaging.
- Labeling exercises provide a review of the anatomy and articulations of the body part being discussed, challenging your knowledge and determining if you’re ready to proceed in the module.
- Unique situations encountered in the clinical environment enhance your knowledge of both routine and special projections needed to expertly demonstrate specific types of trauma or pathology.
- Image evaluations show positioning and technical errors and promote critical thinking and interactive learning.
- Learning links direct you to related sites on the Internet.
- Self-assessment quizzes help you determine your strengths and weaknesses before taking the exam.
- Modules have a greater focus on helping you learn essential projections.
- Self-assessment quizzes are linked to learning objectives so you can easily identify areas where you need more study.
- "Click to ID" feature allows for better image analysis and anatomy recognition assessment.
- Key terms are bolded and linked to the glossary.
- Master glossary link offers easy access to glossary terms at any point in the course.
- Audio pronunciation is available for each key term in the glossary.
- Image enlargement feature allows better visualization and analysis of radiographs.
- Reading assignments coordinate with Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures, 12th Edition.
1. Introduction to Radiography
2. Compensating Filters
3. Anatomy and Positioning Terminology
4. Upper Limb
5. Shoulder Girdle
6. Lower Limb
7. Pelvis and Upper Femora
8. Vertebral Column
9. Bony Thorax
10. Thoracic Viscera
11. Long Bone Measurement
12. Contrast Arthrography
13. Trauma Radiography
14. Mouth and Salivary Glands
15. Anterior Part of Neck: Pharynx, Larynx, Thyroid Gland
16. Digestive System: Abdomen, Liver, Spleen, Biliary Tract
17. Digestive System: Alimentary Tract
18. Urinary System and Venipuncture
19. Reproductive System
21. Facial Bones
22. Paranasal Sinuses