Laboratory Procedures for Veterinary Technicians - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 416
List Price: $55.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Now in full color with hundreds of new illustrations, this essential resource covers the broad spectrum of laboratory procedures that technicians need to perform effectively in the practice setting. It presents step-by-step coverage of the basics of all laboratory work-ups — microbiology, hematology, immunology, parasitology, urinalysis, and cytology — providing the latest information on the most widely used tests such as complete blood count and immunologic assays.
- Clearly presents the fundamentals of microbiology, hematology, urinalysis, immunology, parasitology, and cytology along with the laboratory procedures used to perform tests in these fields.
- Features the latest information on the most widely used tests, including complete blood count, urinalysis, and immunology assays.
- Features step-by-step procedure boxes, for quick mastery of essential skills.
- Extensive full-color illustrations enhance descriptions of normal and abnormal findings.
- New co-author Margi Sirois is a respected author and renowned speaker on laboratory procedures, particularly clinical pathology.
- Now in full-color with hundreds of vivid illustrations that demonstrate key concepts.
- New smaller size is more convenient and portable.
- Features expanded sections on laboratory safety and quality control, all routine CBC and coagulation tests, serum chemistry tests, electrolyte and endocrine function testing, innate and adaptive immune systems, bone marrow evaluation, and cytology sample collection and handling.
- New sections include the formation of blood cells, histograms produced by automated cell counters, bacterial and fungal morphology, microorganisms, molecular diagnostics, radioimmunoassay and fluorescent antibody (FA) testing, the physiology of immunity, and algorithms for the evaluation of cytology samples.
- Dozens of new chemistry, hematology, and microbiology boxes and tables synthesize essential information.
- Key Points summarize important concepts for quick review.
1. The Veterinary Practice Laboratory
2. Hematology and Hemostasis
3. Clinical Chemistry
4. Diagnostic Microbiology
6. Internal Parasites
7. External Parasites
8. Immunology, Serology, and Molecular Diagnostics
Margi Sirois, EdD, MS, RVT, LAT, Wright Career College, Overland Park, Kansas, USA and Charles M. Hendrix, DVM, PhD, Professor of Parasitology, Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, Auburn, AL