Small Animal Surgical Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
List Price: $61.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
- Complete coverage of small animal surgical nursing describes the roles and responsibilities of the veterinary technician.
- A focus on exceptional clinical skills and practice tips helps you gain clinical competency in small animal surgical technique.
- Clear, full-color photographs show instruments, equipment, sterile technique, suturing techniques, and wound management.
- Performance objectives at the beginning of each chapter and key points and review questions at the end of each chapter focus and reinforce learning.
- Practical appendices make it easy to look up dosage calculations, how to quickly set IV fluid drip rates, and how to make up various solutions of medications for constant rate infusions.
- More than a dozen new illustrated procedures are added to this edition.
- More real-world examples and best practices are added.
- Common complications are described for each surgical procedure, with discussions of how to avoid or prepare for these situations.
- A consistent organization discusses each surgery in terms of pre-op considerations, patient positioning and prep, equipment, the tech's role, and common complications.
- Instructions follow the order of the procedure: sterilization and gloving and gowning are located in Chapter 1.
- More rationales are included, covering topics such as different methods of sterilization and catheter placement.
- Increased coverage of nutritional therapy and physical therapy is added to the chapter on postoperative care.
- Key terms, chapter outlines, review questions, and a glossary make learning easier.
- The companion Evolve website includes instrument identification exercises and other workbook-like study activities.
Marianne Tear, MS, LVT, Program Director
Baker College of Clinton Township
Clinton Township, Michigan