Nursing Skills Online Version 2.0 for Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques, 7th Edition
Make sure you can perform nursing skills with confidence! Nursing Skills Online lets you review procedures before you perform them in the clinical setting. Corresponding to Perry and Potter's Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 7th Edition, this online course focuses on the skills that are more difficult to master or pose the greatest risk to patient safety. It includes 18 modules with realistic, case-based lessons each providing a content overview, reading assignments, interactive exercises, and tests. Lessons use videos, animations, slide shows, and other visuals to make learning easier and more interesting.
- Reading assignments link Nursing Skills Online to content in the Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques text.
- An easy-to-read, bulleted format and small segments of information make it easier to master information.
- The case-based/problem-oriented format relates content to real-life patient scenarios and promotes critical thinking.
- Interactive activities allow you to check your understanding of the material.
- Self-assessment exercises allow you to test your knowledge of key concepts, with correct answers and rationales provided for immediate feedback.
- Video clips of procedures can be viewed from start to finish, paused, or repeated as desired.
- Photos and illustrations clarify and highlight key information.
- Objectives, equipment lists, and delegation responsibilities at the beginning of each lesson focus your attention on important information.
- Printable procedure guides make it easy to study or review anytime, anywhere.
- Lesson posttests allow you to evaluate your comprehension and review any areas of weakness before taking the module exam, and may be repeated as often as you want.
- A new Blood Therapy module covers principles of the ABO and RH systems, initiating transfusion, implementing auto-transfusion, and monitoring for adverse reactions.
- The Debriefing Room offers a capstone critical thinking exercise for each module, asking you to watch a video scenario and evaluate skill performance.
- Cultural Considerations sections address variations in approach to patients of differing cultures during performance of the skills.
- Information on delegation is included within all case studies.
- New video clips from Mosby's Nursing Video Skills, Version 3.0 demonstrate updated techniques and procedures.
- New animations help you visualize concepts.
- New photos depict the most current information on equipment and techniques.
- Reformatted procedure guidelines are easier to display and print.
- Vital Signs
- Infection Control
- Safe Medication Administration
- Nonparenteral Medication Administration
- Airway Management
- Chest Tubes
- IV Medication Administration
- Intravenous Fluid Therapy Management
- IV Fluid Administration
- Blood Therapy
- Vascular Access
- Enteral Nutrition
- Urinary Catheterization
- Bowel Elimination/Ostomy
- Wound Care
- Specimen Collection
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL and Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO