Step-by-step videos demonstrate how to perform physical examinations! Mosby's Nursing Video Skills: Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 2nd Edition not only shows skills and techniques, but describes how to gather data and interpret findings. This DVD provides over five hours of video content with 15 programs on how to conduct a comprehensive physical exam for each body system and one comprehensive exam of the adult. What makes these videos even more valuable are embedded critical thinking exercises, narrated animations showing anatomic and physiologic processes, and NCLEX-style review questions. New to this edition are Electronic Health Record (EHR) activities and downloadable assessment video clips for use on mobile devices. This is the most complete video program in the physical exam market!
- Five hours of full-motion video content with 15 programs on how to conduct a comprehensive physical exam for each body system and one comprehensive exam of the adult demonstrate how to gather data, perform physical exams, and interpret findings.
- Each of the 15 body systems programs (plus head-to-toe assessment) include the following sections:
- Overview section: Includes the rationale and purpose behind each skill.
- Preparation section: Explains what should take place prior to performing the assessment, including equipment to gather.
- Procedure Video section: Includes video footage of the actual assessment being performed, with a link to a printable, step-by-step procedure checklist.
- Documentation section: Includes documentation forms showing how to record history and physical information.
- Follow-Up section: Lists the steps you need to take after performing an assessment.
- Critical Thinking section: Includes interactive case studies that allow you to apply knowledge to real-life scenarios and practice documentation in an EHR format.
- NCLEX Review section: Tests your comprehension with NCLEX exam-style multiple-choice questions.
- An Animation Library includes state-of-the-art animations.
- A Documentation Form Library includes 31 adult and pediatric health history forms.
- Assessment video clips and step-by-step checklists that outline specific steps for each procedure can now be downloaded for use on smartphones and other mobile devices.
- New Electronic Health Record (EHR) activities teach you how to document the health assessment and findings in an up-to-date electronic format.
- QSEN Checklist on Safety and Quality Considerations in Patient Assessment provides tips on incorporating the six QSEN competencies on Patient-Centered Care, Teamwork and Collaboration, Evidence-Based Practice, Quality Improvement, Safety, and Informatics into the physical exam.
Skin, Hair, and Nails
Head and Neck
Nose, Mouth, and Throat
Thorax and Lungs
Heart and Neck Vessels
Peripheral Vascular and Lymphatic
Neurologic: Mental Status and Cranial Nerves
Neurologic: Motor and Sensory Functions
Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
Head-to-Toe Examination of the Adult
For each topic above, the following sub-topics will be addressed:
• Video Exam
o Follow-up Care
o Critical Thinking Cases
o NCLEX Review Questions
• Audio Review
Critical Thinking Cases
NCLEX Review Questions
Documentation Form Library