Comprehensive Radiographic Pathology,5th Edition
Covering the disease processes most frequently diagnosed with medical imaging, Comprehensive Radiographic Pathology, 5th Edition provides the essential pathology knowledge needed to produce quality radiographic images. It includes a general overview of physiology, and covers disorders and injuries by body system with descriptions of the pathology, its radiographic appearance, and treatment. Now in full color, this reference includes the latest information on CT, MRI, SPECT, PET, ultrasound, and nuclear medicine, plus the always-popular Radiographer Notes with tips for digital imaging and patient care. Expert authors Ronald L. Eisenberg and Nancy M. Johnson provide complete preparation for the classroom and for clinical practice!
- Comprehensive coverage helps you produce optimal images by understanding disease processes and their radiographic appearance.
- High-quality radiographs and images clearly demonstrate the clinical manifestations of different disease processes and represent the quality images needed in radiography practice.
- A body systems approach makes it easy to locate and study information, with each chapter describing general physiology and then explaining various pathologic conditions and their radiographic appearance and treatment.
- A discussion of specialized imaging techniques includes the full range of imaging modalities that may be needed to ensure correct diagnosis of pathologies, including ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, nuclear medicine, single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), or positron emission tomography (PET).
- Treatment sections explain the most likely treatment for each pathology along with its prognosis
- Radiographer Notes include tips for producing optimal radiographs along with patient management recommendations.
- Summary Findings tables offer a quick reference to related pathologies, including location in the body, radiographic appearances, and treatments.
- Study aids include an outline, key terms, objectives, and review questions for every chapter.
- Useful appendices include an extensive glossary, list of major prefixes, roots, and suffixes with definitions and examples.
- Updated content prepares you for today's practice with the latest on morbidity, mortality, and epidemiology; invasive squamous cell carcinoma; scoliosis; joint replacements; chest tubes and lines; MRSA (antibiotic-resistant staph infection); systemic and highly infectious diseases; more on fusion imaging, CT, MRI, SPECT, PET and correlation with radiography; new CT/MR images for correlation with radiographs; and Radiographer Notes updated with digital imaging information.
- NEW full-color illustrations are added, and updated images add realistic detail for MRI, CT, sonography, and fusion PET/CT.
- NEW Mosby's Radiography Online: Radiographic Pathology course enhances your understanding with interactive learning including animations, video clips, and narrated slide shows.
1. Introduction to Pathology
2. Specialized Imaging Techniques
3. Respiratory System
4. Skeletal System
5. Gastrointestinal System
6. Urinary System
7. Cardiovascular System
8. Nervous System Disease
9. Hematopoietic System
10. Endocrine System
11. Reproductive System
12. Miscellaneous Diseases
Answers to Review Questions
Appendix A: Prefixes/Suffixes/Roots
Appendix B: Laboratory Tests
Ronald L. Eisenberg, MD, JD, FACR, Chairman of Radiology, Highland General Hospital, Oakland, CA; Clinical Professor of Radiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA; and University of California at Davis, Sacramento, CA and Nancy M. Johnson, MEd, RT(R)(CV)(CT)(QM), FASRT, Faculty, Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Gate Way Community College, Phoenix, AZ