Nursing Leadership & Management Online for Leading and Managing in Nursing (Access Code),5th Edition
This innovative online course offers an engaging way to master the content found in Yoder-Wise's Leading and Managing in Nursing, 5th Edition. It consists of 26 interactive learning modules that feature a wealth of learning activities and exercises, case studies, audio and video clips, critical thinking questions, and much more! It's a great way to learn more about key concepts in leadership and management, including delegation, strategic planning, staffing and scheduling, conflict resolution, team building, and managing change.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Twenty-six consistently organized modules set the stage for interactive learning, each including reading assignments, module objectives, learning activities, and case studies.
- An introduction to each module provides a brief overview of the content covered in each module for quick reference.
- Reading assignments direct you to specific chapters to read from the text and provide specific questions to help you recognize the most important parts of each module.
- Module Objectives define the goal of each module to give you guidance on what you should learn in each module.
- Think About... links give you questions to consider for better understanding by encouraging you to consider your personal viewpoint and experience with the presented topics and issues.
- Apply It! case studies help you practice your critical thinking skills to decide the best course of action.
- Try It! interactive learning activities help you apply your knowledge in the context of real world practice.
- Explore It! web quests and links give additional resources including articles, discussion forums, and video and audio clips via the Internet, to expand learning outside of the program.
- Wrap Up! conclusion screens summarize the content in each module for a quick review after completion.
- Hyperlinked key terms show definitions in popup boxes with just a click of the mouse, without leaving the current page.
- Video clips demonstrate effective communication, managing conflict, and dealing with difficult people.
- Updated reading assignments correspond directly with the 5th Edition of the text.
- Additional materials support new chapters on Patient Safety and Workplace Violence, illustrating the nurse manager's role in ensuring patient safety (a competency within the QSEN curriculum) and worker safety (a topic of the recent Sentinel Alert from the Joint Commission).
1. Lead, Manage and Follow
2. Liability, Malpractice, and Negligence
3. Making Decisions and Solving Problems
4. Understanding Healthcare Organizations
5. Cultural Diversity
6. Power, Politics and Influence
7. Managing Information and Technology
8. Managing Costs and Budgets
9. Care Delivery Strategies
10. Staffing and Scheduling
11. Selecting, Developing and Evaluating Staff
12. Strategic Planning, Goal Setting and Marketing
13. Leading Change
14. Building Teams
15. Communication from a Leadership Perspective
16. Collective Action
17. Managing Quality and Risk
18. Translating Research into Practice
19. Consumer Relationships
22. Managing Personal and Personnel Problems
23. Role Transition
25. Career Management
26. Thriving for the Future
Patricia S. Yoder-Wise, RN, EdD, NEA-BC, ANEF, FAAN, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX